How to make World Quests Interesting again

One thing i thought that would of happened in BFA that hasn’t done is a change in how World quests are done. They have been the same old thing for years and yet Blizzard has kept with the same norms. Sure in 8.2 some you actually have to click on to acquire and some are still on the map, but after 2-3 weeks of doing the same dailies in any of the zones, it becomes very repetitive and boring to the point to where I would rather just not do them and end up playing the game less.

Something I think that could change up how daily world quests are perceived and a way to make the world seem more alive is to have the reputation factions each week need different items from old zones. Making you travel to a different expansion or zone. And doing old quests that you may not have done in years (Maybe this could be a weekly quest that changes with the reset) but I think that this would keep world quests interesting and it wouldn’t be the same old way to acquire reputation for one faction then to just quest in their zone over and over again.

With the current lore I feel this would have been easy to do because azeroth would have wounds erupt in new places making mobs increasingly stronger then they currently were in that zone (or that sort of concept) or maybe there is a low drop rate item that while you can kill many mobs very fast it takes a bit of time for them to drop this specific item that the faction needs.

Either way by going back into old zones each week to help the factions out i feel like this would cause the player to explore more of the world and revisit old stories that were once long forgotten, while giving them a break from the norm in world quests. Keeping the world quests interesting and new instead of doing the same quests each day or week.

This is just an idea would like to hear other peoples opinions on world quests and how to make them more fun. Maybe we won’t see any changes right away but maybe someone’s idea can be picked up for the next patch or expansion

Great ideas and they have done that w/ regular quests and a multitude of events. (see: Giant sword stuck in world)

They could just apply that to WQ’s, why not.