How to identity a Hunter Noobie

Back in the Vanilla-Wrath days, a noob Hunter player would be any race that can be a Hunter.

Now since Cataclysm, the blatant example of a noob Hunter would be a human hunter. Since humans are the type of race that brand new players roll because they are familiar and new players also roll Hunters because of how easy they are to play, I have seen many cases where the noob Hunter is a human.

This isn’t to bash hunters, they’re my favorite class (my main is a Tauren hunter), I was just giving my two cents about what I’ve noticed in the last few years of my playing experience.

1 Like

Hard disagree. They could have picked human for great racials and be a total min/maxer or a pvp’er.

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t see any correlation to player experience and race. Maybe blood elf…but even that’s a stretch.

Most players especially new ones generally pick based on looks or what they think is cool rather than anything.

3 Likes

It’s easier to identify if you see barrage pulling the entire dungeon in one cast.

18 Likes

I’m a hunter n00b and I have like 7 of them.

3 Likes

I feel personally attacked. :joy:

I have five hunters (pandarian, blood elf, vulpera, highmountain, and dwarven).

4 Likes

Don’t worry we’ve all been there :rofl:

4 Likes

Makes sense now. Had problems with players when trying human hunter. Actually was one problem. Blamed for pulling mobs even though I was standing so far back, I would only hit what the tank fished in and since bonus damage is on 80% above, ofcourse it be on higher health mobs. Worked for me in mist, where I was given praises but eh.

For the first time, though, I’m doing better at getting used to my other abilities, like interrupts, movement impairments(had 3 horde with ccs at same time while fc got away) and traps. Found my first real pet…awesome druid catcher :smiley: I feel I’m already better at the class than in mist with this alone. Still much to learn.

Yay, I’m not alone in having multiple Hunters!

I have 39 toons (between level 20 to 120). Out of these, 14 are Hunters. (Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Troll, Orc, Mag’har Orc, Pandaren, Gnome, Dwarf, Blood Elf, Undead x 2, Lightforged Draenei, Night Elf, and Human.)

…I like Hunters. :flushed:

4 Likes

I’d have more hunters if I didn’t have to re-tame all the pets.

2 Likes

If they aren’t rocking at least one rare, they’re tourists. If they’re rocking two, they’re veterans.

I spun up a 60 in Beta, and the first thing I did was train two Loque’Nahaks. I wanted two Skarrs too, but I wasn’t willing to open up Firelands for it.

“If they post nudes…frontline, if they ask you for gold 2 seconds after meeting you… front line, if they hijack conversations to talk about their political views…frontline.”-Some random dude in SAO abridged.

Or we could be MM who prefer shiny new skins to prestigious, but dated, older rare tames… (mourns crusty old Humar model)

My Alliance is BM and going to rock two Magrias. My Horde MM, I have no idea yet. We need some fun new unique-skinned rare tames on ridiculous timers like there used to be.

In my experience they don’t know what lust is.

1 Like

I have a lot of questions. Number one, how dare you?

5 Likes

The easiest way to identify is if they backpedal or not

4 Likes

Keyboard turning is a sure fire method way to recognize a noob. Unless you’re a healer, and then you’re fine.

Newbie Hunters: (MM)
Pull the wrong target/Mob.
Forget to turn off growl.
Under-utilize their pet.
Always spec into MoC.
Think Rapid Fire is really great.
Feel Aimed Shot while moving will solve everything.
Remember Legion MM fondly.

Majority of noobs I’ve met over the years, on Alliance at least, have almost all been male Night Elves, sometimes male Draenei.

Pretty much every single top ranked pvp hunter is a human, fyi

3 Likes