How to hell do I do Stormwind vision as melee

Is there a way to cheese Aleria as melee? what’s your strat

What are your issues with Alleria?

2 Likes

Bump. I’ve done both Orgrimmar and Stormwind full 5 mask clears a couple of times. Share your issues and I’ll do my best to help you out as a fellow melee player.

3 Likes

^ What this guy said. I’m survival and I don’t have any problem with her.

I assume your issue is Alleria standing in the fire from the bombs. If that’s the case, you can click on the bombs to kick them away, if you do that you shouldn’t have a problem with her in the fire.

3 Likes

I hang out along the pillars as much as possible to make it easy to los her and force her to run to you (and out of the bad). Plus, when she goes to pull you in you can run around the nearest pillar; it’ll stop you from getting pulled in without having to go too far away.

3 Likes

If you aren’t already doing it, kick the bombs.

1 Like

I looked at your build, you certainly have more than enough item level and whatnot to easily beat this boss … are you talking about a basic clear of the instance, or are you talking about a 5-mask run?

1 Like

My issue is there’s almost never an opening to go in and dps. Even after you LOS and she runs to you. You only have a good 5 seconds of good dps time on her.

I feel the only way to effectively dps is to take a chunk of sanity as melee

3 Likes

The pillar man. You have to hide behind the pillars man.

2 Likes

I can do a 3 mask run for Org. But for Stormwind it’s really hard for me mainly because Aleria

1 Like

Haven’t done it with Masks (yet), but one trick I’ve used is to take advantage of the pillars when she does her chains.

Also, sadly you do have to sometimes bite the bullet to dash in and hit her with procs or the like.

It is going to be a long fight; just because it takes long doesn’t mean you’re doing it wrong. Also, her darkened sky ability, the hit boxes are smaller than the swirlies on the ground. The only things you should be running from are chains and her long cast aoe.

EDIT: Starting the fight with an orb active is a good way to get a chunk of damage in with zero repercussions for not avoiding things.

2 Likes

OK. I never got heavy into mask runs this xpac. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t talking about a basic clear. There are certain parts of the content that just don’t interest me and for this xpac, mask runs are certainly on that list. Here’s hoping a more mask-experienced player can help.

I did this for the first time the other day and it was a little tricky. I really dislike how the hardest fight is really ranged bias. For me, I popped wings/pot and stayed on her for as long as I could until she started channeling, when that was about to finish I bubbled and maximized my wing damage on her. Sometimes it’s down to rng placement of the ground aoe which sucks. I also found having a ranged azerite trait to do dmg helped a little as well.

Tbh I really dislike visions. It feels like they are designed around annoying players rather than being fun so I haven’t run them a lot. Chain CC getts really old after a while and tthe sheer amount of control impairing effects on my character is very frustrating.

1 Like

That’s why I gave up on it. Now I’m doing it in a relaxed manner, pushing myself. Just to see how far I can go. Since the consequences of failure won’t impact a group … I can take risks and find new tactics to incorporate into my normal every day playstyle.

That’s how I see it now. It’s not really fun, but it is interesting seeing how far I can push the toon. Frost DK.

So yeah, I’m not exactly “close quarter melee” which is bad for a lot of bosses.

1 Like

My advice would be to just be on the lookout for what she’s about to do. Say, she just finished casting chains of servitude? She’ll most likely cast the darkened sky or w/e next, so watch your footing. As others said, kick the bombs away to keep the fire away from the center of the room, and when she insists on standing in it, line of sight her to make her come to you. Remember to always position your character to look away from the flying eyes from Matthias Shaw, as looking at them is what causes them to do sanity damage. Other than that just tank and spank.

It’s a ridiculously annoying fight and it only get worse the more masks you add.

You get to a point where she’s casting the shadow nova explosion thing, so you hide behind a pillar, then a eyeball shows up so you got to face in some weird direction, the nova goes off and you pop out from behind the pillar to find her standing deep in a puddle of her own ground AoE’s casting the polymorph. Which you absolutely have to interrupt or you’ll at least be standing in puddles of your own AoE’s if not wandering off into additional ones from the fight.

You just got to be slow, methodical and defensive. I have to take break for a little while after beating her. It’s been a long time since she’s killed me but just beating her leaves me in an incredibly pissed off mood over how absurd the fight is.

If you have a problem with Stormwind, just hold out for Orgrimmar. Or get a group.

What I do on any class is I pop a sanity orb right before the RP with Arator ends, pop lust/drums and all my cooldowns and ignore all mechanics to get her down as much as possible before the orb ends. You can get a good chunk of her hp this way.

After that kick the bombs away, run behind her when she casts Darkened Sky, look away from the eye, mobility cooldowns should be saved for when you need to run behind a pillar or out of bad stuff at low sanity.

You Bubble, it’s that easy.

3 Likes