How to get back to Warlock Darkmoon Faire?

You can totally kill it. Just do it with others :slight_smile:

im in the same boat, i havnt been able to find a way back either. My other friends who play locks also cannot help…so i guess i miss out. Seems like a severe oversight on blizzards part. They didnt even explain a thing in the questline…nothing a simple note on the quest when you start irritating that npc about where everyone is in darkmoon would have been very…VERY useful.

2 Likes

@Dralia
You are my new favorite person!
ty ty!

Hmm, over time finding people who still have yet to complete the quest could prove difficult though. There needs to be a more direct solution than “Aha! I found a loophole to use, since Blizzard are burying their head in the sand.”

Even if they have an NPC say: “Ah yes, the twin island of the one the Darkmoon fair uses. Word is a demon dressed it up quite nicely to look almost identical to Darkmoon Island. A ‘Pseudo Darkmoon Island’ - If you will. Some warlock managed to open up a gate back there, if you want to go yourself.”

1 Like

The person you invite to quest sync doesn’t even have to be a warlock from what I understand. So finding people to help shouldn’t be a problem. It is pretty lame the gate doesn’t just stick around though. The “fel” Darkmoon Faire is a pretty cool area you should get to keep access to.

If you do sync with a non-warlock then you have to talk to Madam Shadow in your capital again, I believe. But it’s literally just the one first quest to ride the carriage to the Faire.

2 Likes

Hello Warlocks!

We have heard your questions through the Twisting Nether and would like to make some clarifications.

While you may defeat Twinkle during the new Fractures in Time Warlock questline to receive one of your new imp customization grimoires, there is another way.

If you return to the Darkmoon Faire during normal business hours, you may find something waiting for you inside the Darkmoon Deathmatch.

We hope that this helps relieve any concerns related to permanently missing one of the grimoires.

Happy summoning, and best of luck in collecting all of your various new demons!

19 Likes

Thank you for this. I wish our other glyph appearances, and especially things like the Orb of the Fel Temptress were default in the barber shop, since many of us had already bought and earned those. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

I’m glad they are at least account wide now though. It just still stings, a lot.

This seems prone to trolling, as there was already a single geared warlock killing people until he got bored when I used quest sync to go back and do it. Except now all non-warlocks will be there.

Nimox can we get more details? Like is Twinkle going to be inside normal DF arena? Or is the grimoire now “free” for everyone and it’s there?

If it’s free for everyone I am very happy for the good of all warlocks because Lord knows the Affliction kite and dot strategy isn’t the pinnacle of gameplay, but could we then get a twinkle achievement if we got him down while doing the quest? Haha :stuck_out_tongue:

“Twinkle Twinkle demon star” can be the name

You’re lucky a blue responded at all, but trying to get a straight answer out of one of them?

Besides, just to spite us more, they would name it something like “Twinkle in the Observers Eyes”

1 Like

Does this mean when it’s up normally during the month?

Yes, basically when DMF starts at the beginning of the next month you can head to the arena and get another chance.

I just want to echo feedback that would really modernize WoW, enrich the game, and make a lot of long term players happy:

FOMO and linear reward systems feel TERRIBLE. In this day and age of RPGs, there is usually thousands of ways to skin the same cat. BotW and TotK are great examples of this with how you can use a plethora of different approaches to overcome a challenge.

When you release content, please keep doing it in a away where there are alternatives to either tackling a challenge or getting an award from it. Player choice needs to be more than just character cosmetics.

Thank you for reading and thank you to the team for all the hardwork you guys have done this expansion!

Just because you couldn’t- doesn’t make it “impossible”.

This was an old post lol. But solo hes impossible, even at 70.

Been there, did that, I’m kinda surprised with all your bought heroic/mythic gear you have issues. I guess the old “gear isn’t skill” adage applies. Now, please go into your ranting “I don’t buy carries for gear” speech, and be done with it so we can lol, roll our eyes, and say “sure kid”.

LOL what? I admit I tried it on a freshly leveled to 70 warlock so my gear was 340-ish. But still was too hard. Demon hunters cant fight her FYI and I dont support buying carries/gear, I hate it.

Typical bad design with no help. “Oh sorry you cant do it now” In the same boat

Classic f’ed up Blizzard manipulation, here.

The quest was offered, so I took it. I didn’t know in advance that it was a chain with a purpose I couldn’t care less about. I have next to zero desire for a blue imp customization, and even less desire to group up for it.

A player should not have to look up every quest before accepting it in order to avoid unwanted consequences. I can no longer attend Darkmoone Faire on my primary warlock, which means he’s locked out of the 10% buff, xps from the pet battle dailies, and the rewards for the profession quests.

Way to punish people for just playing the game, Blizzard. Callous.

I guess from now on I should go to a third party guide to look up every single quest before accepting, much less completing, it? Seems like a game shouldn’t be more a research project than entertainment. At the very, very least, if this hell is “working as intended,” the initial quest should have a warning dialog that the character will never be able to attend normal DMF again until the quest line has been completed. How about a bronze dragon to toggle phasing? No? Of course not. Where’s the punishment in that?

3 Likes

I have another problem. I killed Twinkle before finishing the quest there. Talking to the imp near the exit to the arena teleported me out to the Azure Span. I can’t get back into the Darkmoon Faire to do the actual Warlock quest now at all.