How to fix SV hunter

This is my opinion on how to improve survival hunter. Not another “bring back” threat.

I’ve been playing Sv for 4 years so far and I have a few ideas that in my opinion, would make better SV hunter PvP wise (not like Blizzard reads feedback lol). If you disagree, pls feel free to express it and why.

survivability wise:
It’s a little ironic that a spect that is literally called “survival” has so few was to survive. Mastery should bring us a way better defensive than the one we already have, insignificant compared to the insane burst some classes have. Spirit Bond only regenerates 1% of health every 5 SECONDS, pretty lame if you ask me. If blizzard want us not to run away from mastery like the pest then we need a better defensive than that. Probably a buff of 5% every 5 seconds or something similar. As far as self heals, we have the bandages and exaltation which is not bad but I think it would be beneficial for us to be able to use the bandage without being interrupted by damage.

(Edit start)
Pet survivability:
We all know how easy is to kill the hunter’s pet and it sucks to be SO dependent on it so it really needs to be addressed
(Edit end)

Damage wise:
I feel like SV has a decent damage. I don’t think that SV hunter should be focused on having an insane burst but more versatility and ways to survive but compared to the damage that other classes have, I think it would be only fear to have an at least 5-10% buff on damage.

Tell me if you agree or disagree, also tell me your ideas of how to improve SV hunter. Don’t come with “SV sh*t, should be range” comments cuz you will be just ignore lol.

3 Likes

I mean, for starters for both SV and BM pet survability really needs to be looked at. Poor pets are needed for both specs but are absolutely destroyed against competent teams in pvp.

2 Likes

For sure! I forgot to mention this but yeah, that’s something that really needs to be addressed.

Fix pet issues by giving us tools to keep them alive. Give the wilderness survival azerite trait baseline (mongoose/raptor reduce cd of bomb) give latent poison baseline. Improve haste so that we don’t need otherworldly amounts to feel useful.

2 Likes

having a baseline rotation on wildfire infusion would be really helpful for sustaining or damage in both aoe and st. knowing what bomb you get next can really help your set up and it wont make us to op that’s the only thing i would add to your changes

2 Likes

At this point we need a straight up ST damage to compete

Preferably a huge buff to raptor strike/goose bite

1 Like

Survival single target damage needs a buff. I do great in dungeons with AoE wildfire cluster, but boss fights is where I see my survival hunter drop off compared to other classes and hunter specs.

I wish Flanking Strike was baseline, and the talent was replaced with Lacerate bleed (new ability or added to FS). Add some synergy with talents by having Chakrams spread Lacerate bleed to all targets it hits.

3 Likes

Damage
Raptor Strike/Mongoose +20% damage
Chakram + 100% dmg or Applies Bleed and Slow
Latent Poison injectors +20% dmg

Survival
Spirit Bond - Add effect +10% Armor and HP when within 20yd
Tar Trap radius +50%
Trap cooldowns -20%

Honestly I’d love to see Survival just get more utility and “survivability”. It would be neat to leave everything the same on the damage front but make the utility crazy.

Done

1 Like