How to fix pvp till 8.3

Anything that self heals you,shields you and isnt a temporary damage reduction is reduced by 80% while in pvp combat.

Gpyro removed.
Kidney shot increased to 30 second CD
Ulti sac removed and replaced with double sac.
Bop now protects you like a bubble but no longer lets you attack while your inside of it.
Mana rift removed

Anymore youd like to add let me know.

5 Likes

Double sac would be stronger than 100% sac in a lot of cases. I dont think putting poly clone or fear on a cd would be a good idea. Bop should go back to how it was where you cant deal physical damage but your immune to it. But otherwise cool

Maybe if the pally used it correctly, alot of current hpallys dont they just let their partner get low an then like oh snap hit the ult sac button so now their partner cant die an then the partner uses some broken as self healing to keep himself back in the game and pally just heals himself.

The bop change used to be in place and its really unskilled to watch pallys use bop to just make a melee or caster immune to kicks/physical damage so they can turret. poly/fear/cyclone and all spammable cc ruin this game and should been on a CD long time ago.

passive healing is actually at such a digusting lvl that people dont even care about playing properly. they just go mongo pve dps an survive though cooldowns an passive self healing/huge shields.

No reduction to dps survival, and nerfs across CC? Are we trying to play every game to 100% dampening?

80% reduction to everything that self heals/shields?
This rewards you on getting proper cc out or setting up a solid chain and trust me most specs without their broken sustain will die in a single solid cc chain on their healer.

Current scenario healer gets sheeped 8 seconds healer gets sheeped 4 seconds healer gets sheeped 2 seconds.
Dps is being tunneled by mage/rogue and guess what still at 80% hp because they are warlock/dh/dk pressing every self heal they got avail but it doesnt really have a cooldown its just baked into their rotation or an extra button press.

Im fine with big oh snap buttons that heal you or serve as a defensive like exhilaration or health stones, stuff like destro mastery and meta leech and death strike or something that just passively heals you is not ok and is the reason this game has gotten so bad.

Id like to see more power put into healers actually healing instead of them off doing whatever while the live lord stays safe by himself.

1 Like

I’d rather leave CC untouched. I don’t think there is too much CC in game rather people can survive too much without heals. This isn’t just the classes you listed - DK, DH are really obnoxious at this too. But I’d want mechanics addressed vs modifiers.

When you reduce CC it just becomes more of a PvE fest.

Either way it’s moot. BFA isn’t getting any more pvp changes. They’ve made it clear this thing is on auto pilot until 9.0.

1 Like

True i guess i went overboard on the cc nerfs and was just thinking of if there is no self healing then spammable cc might be an issue. but then again people would go back to stopping fear/poly again because they wouldnt have to worry about gpyro, id also look to give destro more kiting tools and not make them so tanky + do so much 1 shot damage with next to 0 counterplay other than stay behind a pillar. even playing vs maldiva in 2s it was the same as facing a normal lock, granted maldiva used his cooldowns better and did proper setup to win the games that most locks never had a chance of winning.

Boy do I have news for you lol. If you are not happy now, wait till you see all the trinkets and new essences coming in 8.3

Rip

I already know of some problem matic ones lol, as the ra-den trinket has a massive absorb shield on it that also gives crit chance XD.

Or just disable PvP. Like all of it. No more PvP

2 Likes

Nerf caster survivability and CC is probably the dumbest thing I have heard.

Leave in the CC, nerf the self healing.

Most these things sound great on paper for a 2s match. But if you ever played a caster in 3s you’d literally be useless.

The biggest issue is dps surviving without the need for healers, there is actually comps like double wind walker guardian druid.

1 Like

To be honest, blizzard needs just un-nerf azerite talents. Games will be very fast. Maybe last about a minute or so.

We dont need CDs on polly and fear, just need those classes to be able to die.

10 Likes

Need to take away all healing for pure dps classes.
Disable all pve trinkets in arena.
Nerf rdruid/disc/hpally damage
Make cloth armor actually cloth armor. Mages/destro shouldn’t be tankier than plate.
Disable tanks in arena.
Prune Mana rift, auto blur from blade dance

5 Likes

Mages double shimmering in to land CC and then face tanking two DPS for 10+ seconds feels so horrible. Destro standing in the middle and not dying when being trained feels terrible.

Remove or severely nerf mage barriers. Nerf demon armour but give baseline port back. Remove crimson vial. Make Kidney a 30s CD. Nerf death strike. Nerf DH meta leech. Nerf tank trinkets. Nerf Rdruid heals. Make it so BoP makes you unable to do harmful actions. Buff disc throughput.

Did I miss anything? I don’t think I missed anything.

6 Likes

So another damage buff to warriors is what I’m reading.

Actually make healers have to cast

Part of the reason Druid is so good is because it’s output never has to deal with kicks

Yeah you can say “but clone???”. Think any rdruid above 1800 doesn’t have hots rolling already before going for clone ?

Make it so that rogues who DR kidney just instantly proc and see the defeat scoreboard

2 Likes

Tanks shouldn’t be disable in pvp.