How to Balance the Factions

Here’s my modest proposal:

• Get half of the developers to commit to playing Alliance characers for at least 75% of their play time.

• Have them turn Warmode on full time.

• Have them play at least 10 RANDOM battlegrounds a week, and not in queue together.

That’s it. I can’t tell you what specific steps to take after that in the game to fix the faction balance issues, but I think you’ll realize that some of your “help” for the Alliance like the change in Alterac Valley by Stonehearth Graveyard is kind of the opposite of help.

7 Likes

I think the devs are so far gone, they could die 100 times as Alliance for something they could do as Horde without dying and they would go “see its even. Alliance sux. L2P.”

6 Likes

It’s like, 45%/55%.

That’s pretty even.

2 Likes

In the grand tradition of ‘modest proposals’ this will get ignored as satire. Also this will produce bias for warmode.

If it’s so even, then they need to remove the option for Horde players to do battlegrounds as mercenaries.

Hire some devs/managers/whoever who AREN’T rabidly pro-Horde.

7 Likes

They should. Or maybe it’s because most Alliance don’t like PvP?

1 Like

If this plan goes into action watch the devs make Alliance get Lightforged Orcs and Forsaken and be led by Lightforged Grom because Alliance races/leader are laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame and unbearable to play for the devs.

If most Allaice don’t like to PvP, then the factions aren’t balanced in a pretty major aspect of the game, are they?

1 Like

PvP isn’t a major aspect of the game. PvE is.

If you are losing in PvP all the time then something is wrong with you.

If you guys think every single WoW developer plays Horde and not a single one of them has an Alliance main, you are really reaching desperate levels of self-persecution.

5 Likes

And you assume they don’t play Alliance as it is.

Assuming a portion of them aren’t doing this already.

Check wow-stats. It’s a whole 3%

During WoD when Alliance actually had a 10%-15% advantage over the Horde was balanced, but 3%… the humanity!

1 Like

only way to truly balance:

1. eliminate all racial abilities.
  2. Create new “pool” of racial abilities.
  3. Have players one time pick an on use and 2 passive abilities.
  4. offer free transfers from Horde to Alliance.

Yep, I’m assuming they don’t do this already. I assume this because I play the game. Actually, I’d settle for them just turning off the ability for Horde to play random battlegrounds as Alliance mercenaries.

You forget that mercenary was implemented because Alliance was complaining about queue times when they dominated for over 10%?

It’s almost as if… they do pay attention to what you guys ask for.

1 Like

I wasn’t playing when the Merc system was implemented (played during vanilla and BC, and took a long hiatus until shortly before Legion). I never would have wanted such a thing because it breaks RP, and I want it gone forever, even if my queue times get very, very long.

You get developers playing the game and admitting to it you’ll get forum hate about how they should stop playing the game and work on the game and that they shouldn’t be playing video games on the clock.

I don’t like it either, but mostly because Horde has had to deal with long queues for years but one time the Alliance has them, something needs to be done.

But yes, that’s when it was implemented, when Alliance dominated, by a landslide, and complained about the queue times.

If they’re not doing anything this time, perhaps it’s because the gap it’s not as big as you’d think. I again suggest you check the wow-stats website.

1 Like

I honestly believe it’s all in the Alliance and Horde’s head.

I think a lot of people believe the Horde are more powerful and this is because of “intimidation factor”. We look like monsters. We aren’t afraid of humans or tiny races BECAUSE we are bigger than them, model wise. Because of this Horde fights harder and is more confident (Also, more encouraged to not lose a fight, because what big Hordie wants to lose to a tiny dwarf or gnome?).

I also believe it’s our in game wow society. Horde are brought up FROM THE START to be strong and want to engage in battle. While Alliance always seem to be on defense. Alliance AND Horde think the Alliance is weak because they look/act weak.

Just my take on things.

Speak for yourself about PvE verses PvP. Some of us prefer the latter.

Also, I am not losing a lot in PvP. What happens that frustrates are things like Horde merc taking seige vehicles in Isle of Conquest and driving them random places. Or horde mercs purposely and repeatedly resetting the boss in Epic battlegrounds. Or horde mercs spending half there time trash talking Alliance in BG instance chat… you know stuff like that.

1 Like