How Stressed Are You Today? (Name Res)

Im confident Legolas and Gandalf will be available. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The randomizer has given me names that were already taken…

3 Likes

I’m not stressed at all. If my names happen to be taken, it’s time to start a new journey with a freshly made up name.

4 Likes

If the 90-day reservation thing applies, you can just type your wanted names as quickly as possible, then delete the random character you named and apply it to a crafted toon at your leisure.

2 Likes

None of my names are especially in demand, but if I miss out somehow I’ll just use an alt code.

eww! alt codes!

2 Likes

What do you guys think my chances are on Joe, Carl and Betty?

1 Like

I don’t give a whopping fook about the name I will have so I’m not wasting half a month sub for a game I know blizz is perfectly capable of ruining all by themselves even if the game used to be real good back in the day

I had to use them when I transferred off my first server to this one for my original characters. It’s not that bad.

Jeeze, that’s a lot of anger toward a simple question.

2 Likes

That’s for Classic Wrath when you make a BE DK

1 Like

Honestly I’m pretty stressed out! I was feeling pretty funny today (fast heart rate) and didn’t know why u til I saw this thread. The name I have my heart set on is ridiculously common and if I don’t get it I will be pretty sad. That bei g said, I have backups ready. And backups of backups. I will get three names I really want, but there is one or two I want more than the rest.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work like that. A blue post has confirmed that if you delete a character, the name is immediately available to anyone else.

That being said, there’s nothing stopping you from making a character right away and then waiting a week to delete and remake it to your liking. MUCH less likely to lose the name that way.

1 Like

Pretty sure thats what he meant by “at your leisure”

Nah, in retail if you delete a character, the name stays locked to your account for 90 days before being released to the public. Normally it would be safe to assume it would work like this in classic too…but we have blues confirming it doesn’t unfortunately.

1 Like

Not particularly stressed. A name is just a name - you can always think of another one.

1 Like

I’m only concerned with one name as it’s something people on my current server associate me with. I’ve got enough naming options for the other one that I’m not too worried about it even though I would really like to get one of the options more than others.

Not stressed and still not subbed. Waiting till I get my vacation right before Launch to Sub back. I am more concerned about coordinating server to be on with friends for lvling, PvP and raiding. That is what is important. Picking a great packed server to own it up on.

1 Like

I’m a lil stressed, I won’t get home from work until an hour after name reservations open. And in 15 years of making characters, I have never gotten to use two of the names I want without alt codes.

1 Like

Same here, Retired Military. So excited. :slight_smile: