How Queuing works and solution

When queuing for anything, it should show like it does in 5 man, what boss the group is on and how many wipes / stacks.

When leaving a group… and you re-queue, DO NOT re-join us to the same group we just left. REMOVE deserter timer in PVE. I get it for PVP, but no reason for it in PVE.

ASKING to be kicked in order not to rejoin that is subpar is unfortunate but I don’t like to have my time wasted. Pointing out why you want to be kicked, enrages players.

Getting reported for being unkind, for spelling out why you are leaving. Unkind being defined as stating the fact about a tanks setup or a healer in DPS spec.

FIX queuing and problem solved.

Well, your suggestions will fall under deaf ears here on the CS forums, if you wish to be heard, post on the Dungeons and Raids forums.

woot, we just got moved.

Unfortunately, the system was used in a rather bad way by players so that is why there is a deserter debuff in PvE. It is very much needed due to those that would do such things as pull an entire dungeon to keep wiping the groups just because they did not like the dungeon they were in. Then there were those that would hold entire groups hostage simply because they did not like the dungeon they were in and not pull their weight.

If you want your suggestion taken in to consideration though, you would need to either use the in-game suggestion tool, or post in the appropriate forum for the topic of the suggestion. In this case, the Dungeon, Raids, and Scenarios forum or, by default, the General Discussion Forum. Posting here will do absolutely no good as the blue posters here are not those who can implement game changes, nor are they liaison to the people that are.

1 Like

That penalty needs to stay in place. It is not fair to groups to have a member leave without facing some sort of penalty. I have been in groups with players demanding to be kicked so they could get a different instance. Or purposefully causing mayhem in order to be kicked.

Examples:

1. Perhaps the tank didn’t like that dungeon, so they leave soon as they get in and immediately get a fresh group because they are a tank. But the group they just left now has to wait for a new tank to queue up and hopefully get placed with their group.

2. A tank/healer player queues up with their friend in order to get their friend into a group quickly, but then the tank/healer friend now leaves the group because they never wanted to be in that run anyways. Again, now you have a group missing a vital role.

As the old adage states, “If you cannot say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.”

Of course, if you actually didn’t say anything that violates the in-game chat rules, you would never know you were reported.

If you are unhappy with your group, then just quietly leave and wait out your debuff and hopefully your next group will be more to your liking.

TL;DR – There still needs to be penalties in place for actions performed by players.

2 Likes

IF you leave the group and re-queue, you more than not re-join the group you just left, as clearly stated.

That has not been my experience. But granted, I haven’t queued for a lot of instances recently.

However, I still stand by my views in that the penalties need to stay.

Perhaps some tweaking can be done to help ensure deserters are placed into a different group upon their next queue.

2 Likes

So you are speaking from, ideal conditions? hopeful dreaming? but not experience?
I am speaking from experience. Why punish those that put time and effort into their toons and reward that put little to no thought in how they are playing or what they are doing?

You can right click ignore the players from the bad group. Then when you requeue you will not join those players in a group again.

1 Like

I get that… and that would work, but there is a 50 limit on ignores.
Why is there a 50 limit on ignores.
Why is this so difficult for people to get.?
Might say pug, must now most pugs are WTS groups.

Check out the global ignore list addon. Or prune your list each week since it’s doubtful you would sync up with those people again. You can create another thread with your suggestions or submit feedback in-game to improve the ignore feature.

Right click report WTS groups, too, although that’s irrelevant to dungeon finder.

1 Like

Daily reported WTS groups…

Let me tell you the story of Cataclysm in the 5man dungeon fishing.

tanks with instant queue wanted a trinket from first boss of a dungeon. and they’d queue, and requeue and requeue to fish for it. until they got it. then drop. then no tank would fill that run because trinket boss was dead.

it was cool.

3 Likes

Past experience. I may not be queue’ing for many current dungeons/raids, but I have done plenty of both over the years across my characters.

If you are not finding the random groups to your liking, I would suggest forming your own. That way you can vet each person in the group to ensure they are a good fit for your group.

1 Like

I find plenty of random groups… to my liking… 1 in 6 groups are decent enough.

Do you get the idea of casual play? Now multiply that times 17 toons of casual play.
My life is not the game, nor will it ever to build a raid group for 1 boss for 17 toons?

I do not mind waiting for the next group, but don’t get upset when I point out the sub par HP a tank to expedite a kick.

I notice zero experience on that toon in Raid.

Yes, as has been clearly stated, I have not been running current dungeons and/or raids.

Very much so. I am also an altoholic with almost a full roster on my account.

Just because I do not enjoy running current iterations of instances, does not mean I don’t enjoy running older ones.

I am currently farming ore and running BGs on one of my Mages. I plan on running BC TW dungeons later on all my level 60s.

I do wish you the best in your gaming endeavors. Hopefully, you find good groups. Take care and Happy New Year.

2 Likes