How powerful are the various races in wow currently?

Yeah, 'cause you trying to deliver a burn on someone for misusing a word, then when someone retorts that you were the one using an oversimplified, misleading definition you say “lol wurds don’t matter durr” have nothing to do with one another.

I very clearly stated that I DONT know what he is like irl. Only that his bringing real life national stereotypes and throwing around real-life political labels like “SJW” into this fantasy world discussion paints a picture that, while probably inaccurate, is not flattering.

Let’s also not forget about fitness (in an evolutionary sense) and trajectory. Humans (not vrykul) are one of the youngest races and look how far they have come in that time.

You literally got the definition wrong. Not ‘didn’t express it clearly’, you got it dead wrong and confused greek for latin. You can google it for the definition, but you didn’t. That’s probably why you got it wrong, tbh.

Grow all the thick skin you like, you’ll find out about the consequences of words quicksmart if you call a cop a pig to his face, or mouth off to a judge. Or say the wrong thing to someone in a bar. Or upset someone you care about. Or literally use words in any way that has consequences that can’t be ignored by ‘growing thicker skin’.

Again, I’m not on board with calling that guy’s joke ‘Xenophobic’, but responding to that by saying words only have the power you give them is absolutely moronic. There are hundreds of words you could shout right dooking now to prove this wrong and yet you’ve been coddled into thinking criticism of language doesn’t apply to you.

Go into an airport and scream “He’s got a gun!” and tell the guys who arrest you ‘Lmao words only have the power you give them’. Our entire culture is predicated on the power that words have over us that we can’t opt out of, what the hell are you on?

8 Likes

If we go off an ideal military Draenei, Tauren and Worgen would be Shock troops, no question bought that. A united military that uses each races strengths would actually make the alliance and horde militaries interesting for once. An airforce of Goblin planes, zepplins, orc wyverns and troll bat riders, a frontline of heavilly armored undead pikemen that would be super hard to break. Dwarven Artillary covering a stormwindian charge from a reformed brotherhood of horses.

1 Like

this would actually be really interesting because back when there were a bunch of human kingdoms Stormwind was known for having the best cavalry due to this Brotherhood.

I’d like to see that come back, have them be like the Rohirrim in lord of the rings, to counter the Warsong wolf riders.

This would certainly be better than Stormwind being just a bland mishmash of fantasy humans, with great mages, navy, and paladins but none of them as good as Dalaran, Kul’tiras, or Lordaeron, respectively.

“jack of all trades, master of none” is boring. Being exceptional at some things but bad at others creates variety.

2 Likes

I was going to talk you about how the concept or the word “phobia” it’s used in psychology, but some people already did it. So i’m going to tell you just one thing:

Yes, it’s a joke talk like this about french people who fighted for his country and died, especially those ones who fought in WW2. :roll_eyes:

Just to add it is the same in greek too btw.

On topic : Can we count the Draenei under Yrel too? I think they will be a powerful threat in the futur now that they control a whole planet and might start their own “crusade”.

https://imgur.com/a/TkRqQnK

3 Likes

I was trying to give some in-universe explanation as to why human characters seem to be so effective at magic, and explaining where the whole “human potential” line even came from. I don’t see what’s wrong with that.

Ah yes, because I like a specific class archetype and faction totally decides who I am in real life. Now that is stereotyping.

I just happen to like playing as a righteous crusader, and the Scarlet Crusade are like the morally grey Alliance. If that makes me a bad guy to you, then I dread to know what you’ll think of people who play Warlock.

Obvious joke was obvious. And I called him an SJW because he got upset with me because I commented a meme. Next, he’s going to get upset with people for saying “human potential”, because that too is xenophobic to him.

3 Likes

eh i mean we can but then you have to faction that they are trapped in an alternate universe

2 Likes

I don’t come to this fantasy roleplaying game to be reminded of the garbagefire that real life political discourse has become.

Just ask him “lol, u mad?” like a regular troll, please.

4 Likes

I don’t come to this fantasy roleplaying game to be called a xenophobe for commenting a meme. But I guess we can’t all get what we want.

4 Likes

You replied to me but quoted him.

heh, sorry about that. I was preparing to joke about that hilarious gif you posted (how is it that they trust you enough to let you post gifs, by the way? is it because you’ve been here longer than me?)

then I saw his reply and had to change gears

edit: ugh this new forum is confusing

I liked a bunch of posts on general forum to get my like quota up. You have to like posts and read a ton of posts.

1 Like

Races standing alone, we have only seen one stand against an entire faction by themselves, and nearly win. The Night Elves. BfA has proven that the Night Elves are capable of standing on their own as their own faction. Out numbered 8 to 1 in War of Thorns, they fought the Horde to a stalemate with nothing but town militia and conscripted Civilians.

Since the Burning of Teldrassil, the Horde has been losing ground in Kalimdor, and Darkshore is already an assured canonical victory for the Army of the Black Moon. Despite the Night Elves and Worgen going against the command of the High King, without Alliance support.

Night Elf 3rd faction please.

2 Likes

Lie.

Super deity Malfurion Stormrage used his Deity-Tier magic to delay and fight the Horde.

2 Likes

Someone is salty.

2 Likes

dude give it a rest present an actual argument no head canon

That’s not headcanon. That’s the lore from Elegy and A Good War.

2 Likes