How powerful are the various races in wow currently?

You guys and your toys… I deffinitely despise PvP so I´m actually glad I can access carebear mode without having to invest $200 or more (I´m a poor latino gal, that´s actually quite the lot of money for me).

To each their own, I guess…

1 Like

1 Like

Typos, lots of them!! I already corrected them, you see???

Also stop trying to look surprised I´m indeed a woman and I indeed live somewhere south of Bravo River, so…?? check the server ffs, it´s a latino one!! (yes, there are more latino servers than Ragnaros ¬¬)

I don’t really think magic goes out of date in the traditional sense kind of like how we see that the night borne haven’t masteree certain approaches to magic application like the blood elves have but have become extremely advanced in others like telemancy and chronomancy. When you split up experts for thousands of years and then bring them back together to compare notes they are bound to have made large advances in their fields of interest

2 Likes

I’m just confused where you get the 200 dollar investment from?

I just play during incursions, basically. And also Warfronts.

The thing is the Highborne haven’t really had the same tools to work with. The Nightborne and Blood Elves had access to their own Wells for magic and much more space and resources, while the Night Elves magi have been sequestered in Dire Maul feeding off of demon magic with a gradually collapsing society for millennia.

1 Like

I’m so confused are aki and Ariel the same person??

NO, hahaha

Either way, this thread is entirely silly to argue, because there just isn’t enough concrete lore to answer the question. There are too many unknown variables, so I find it funny more than anything that Galien and Treng argue it with such… gusto.

Maybe

3 Likes

Before Warmode, I would had had to server transfer. When I came to play into the official servers, my buddies decided they wanted to play on a PvP one and idiot me of course followed them… and I was miserable any time people ganked me which was at least 4 times a week -why do you think I learned to appreciate so much the rogue class? cause it´s perfect to avoid gankers most of the time (quite easy to play “Master of Escapism” on a rogue). My in-game gold comes from my alts, and I have 13 of them sustaining Ariel´s expenses… ergo I would had had to transfer ALL of them too.

Too much money. Warmode (or the lack of it) in that sense WAS a blessing for me. One of the things that has keep me logged in BfA.

1 Like

True but binding a demon as a mage is fairly impressive and they do have arcane anicents as well I wouldn’t say no progress was made but definitely not on the levels of the night borne or blood elves

2 Likes

¬¬

Ha, ha. /violently slaps with giant fan

I also started on a pvp server. My friend lured me onto it, and I hated it at first until my rage turned into bloody vindication and I learned to hate the opposite faction and get good.

Then they allowed dual faction on pvp realms and I haven’t been able to hate the opposite faction ever since.

rip.

Are there many rpers in there? I’m genuinely curious.

Slapping me for calling you aki? I deserve that

2 Likes

Not as many as non warmode. Most rp events in all of my guilds are run with warmode off unless we’re invading enemy territory. Then it’s warmode on.

Basically everyone in my main’s guild has Horde slayer. I wish the bros in Treng’s guild had that tenacity. Had to get it with my cousin.

Yes you did deserve it!!

Humph!!

1 Like

Kind of want to shard onto moonguard now with a 40 man raid and hit the night rpers at their source make my stand now before it’s too late

I imagine that they rp in timesharded Teldrassil. With warmode off.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve stayed out of this since Akiyass and Galien started it back up since they reminded me of the Nightborne children where one starts out with “Pew pew pew! Lightning Missiles!” and the other responds with “You can’t break through my force fields! The shields are too strong!”

However, specifically about the Azshara questing, that’s something people have been bringing up since the old word revamp came out, and something that people have painted fairly one sidedly ever since then. People always focus on Andorel Sunsworn’s quests against Lorekeeper Amberwind’s Apprentice Illuminators as if this is evidence that the Highborne that rejoined the Darnassian Night Elves are no longer skilled. But it’s mostly just evidence that new Night Elf Apprentices at that time were new at studying magic. When would a teacher have novices use magic that was more advanced than their skill could handle? But more importantly, people also go out of their way to ignore the other quest in Azshara that shows a Blood Elf being worried about the Highborne returning to the Alliance Night Elves:

What? Give that here, this instant! Ag'tor is correct, these are arcane runes. They're scouting out magical sites? Experimenting with the arcane arts? This is a marked departure from thousands of years of night elven history.

Hmph! The idea that they will achieve any competence in this field - even those who once counted themselves among the highborne - is absurd.

<Malynea puts aside the scroll dismissively, but her face is furrowed with concern.>

Additionally, we have now seen Andorel Sunsworn’s type of dismissive banter used against even the Nightborne during the Suramar Insurrection:

It is really child's play when you consider the magical weaves. I can see the flaws with just a few minutes of study.

Go teach that amateur spellslinger what it means to wage war against the sin'dorei!

When you pick up “Nullified” the quest giver even has additional broadcast text:

Magus Sendath says: All the "mastery of the arcane" at their disposal and they still were not prepared for a pyroblast to the face. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

However, we do not consider the Nightborne as being unskilled with magic. Likewise, the Azshara questing doesn’t really prove anything other than that Blood Elves have a culture that tends towards bluster, which we already knew.

5 Likes