How powerful are the various races in wow currently?

I think the only mage character I literally respect from the Kirin Tor is Antonidas (and precisely because he wasn´t a walking soap opera nor so OP he comes as less realistic than a leather coin)…

Magnatar don’t mess around apparently. Point is, the Horde couldn’t do it without slavery, like everything else.

That does not attribute to lore. So, again, not a substantial argument.

He killed many, but to say he alone turned the tide is silly, and not explicitly said.

No it didn’t.

This is a fair point.

1 Like

But we did do it without slavery. In Cataclysm. I even mentioned it already.

Alliance lore revolves around humans, though.

:thinking:

It is. It states he performed many ambushes, and attributes them to the horde kill count.

1 Like

In Azshara the Night Elf magi were so incompetent that they were using magical constructs thousands of years out of date that had been banned by Silvermoon due to their exploitablity. Their runestones were crackly sloppy messes with poor reception, their magical weapons could be compromised with a single one of their artifacts because their magic defense is so bad.

Something the Blood Elf magi emphasizes by him laughing at you bringing back a bag full of stones when he needed only one, but told you he needed more just because he liked seeing the Night Elves getting stabbed.

When said magical defenses are compromised it obliterates the camp, the arcane construct the Highborne and their students have been pouring their knowledge and magic into is instantly converted to the Horde where it promptly proceeds to blast it’s former Night Elf masters into smoldering skeletons.

1 Like

No bias to the night elves but I’m starting to get a strong bias against you the warsong clan came through the dark portal they were exiled in the sense they stayed in draneor for the first invasion however they went through the portal and were traped on azeroth during the second invasion. I swear look it up a moon well is no where the same magnitude of power as the sunwell. The sunwell was made with water from the original well of eternity as well. And are you really trying to make a comparison. Between the high elves losing their kingdom to scourge and the night elves standing with the horde and alliance to stop the legion? The nelves would of went down like the belves without all of azeroth with them. I sincerely hope you’re one of the rpers that play with warmode on

1 Like

Called it. Damn, should had bet some in-game gold with Galien…

Amberwind´s Journal (quest) says “Hi”.

/yawns… such a wasted oportunity, it would had been the easiest gold earned ever!!

The only relevant point for the devs… I swear to God if elves of any origin could bound about something it could be about putting the human annoyances in their place for once…

1 Like

I am.

I’ve yet to run into her.

but I also haven’t been looking for anyone. Ran into Jellex once though.

Ewwww… warmode on. Yuck!!

2 Likes

You didn’t tho…. the Horde enslaved Magntar, and the Horde lost in Ashenvale.

Until Blizzard says explicitly says which race the PC(s) are, then this point has no legs to stand on.

“This elf killed lots… therefore the entire ebb and flow of the war was determined by him.”

that is just bollocks.

I attribute that to the unreliable narrator of the Blood Elf, who are characteristically egotistical about their magic, and the fact that much of those mages were not Ancient highborne, but mages that had been training for less than a year.

Chronicle retconned this, as I showed you.

Okay, but what about the Well of Eternity that sits under Nordrassil. Archimond took more interest in that than he did the Sunwell.

Yes.

Eh, I am not convinced. The Horde and Alliance at that time were little more the refugees. All they served to do was meatsheild the Kaldorei, who actually did all the work.

2 Likes

Magnataur happened in the book, not in the expansion.

Under this, then you have no legs to stand on to claim night elf. Humans, gnomes, dwarves, draenei, worgen, pandaren, night elf.

A one in seven chance.

I usually would have strong moral opposition against ganking someone 78 ilvls lower but in this case I would do it just for the satisfaction

The problem is the Lorekeeper is a Highborne, and the Lorekeeper is both the one who ordered the creation of the constructs, which had been outlawed for over a thousand years in Silvermoon.

Plus you can visibly see how shoddy the tech they are working with is. Using the Runestone you instantly notice that the picture is fuzzy as if the magic they are using is outdated, and the creature they had summoned was compromised basically by holding up a stone to it’s face and repeating a single sentence incantation.

1 Like

I’d bet Aki isn’t her main, just like Treng isn’t mine.

edit: These forums are obscenely buggy.

1 Like

Is her main really geared or something

Sorry is her main really geared or something

It wouldn’t be the first time Blizzard has told different stories depending on perspective. I still attribute it to an unreliable narrator, because the magic of the Shen’dralar has always supposed to be immense.

It’s worth noting that a lot of Highborne abandoned the practice of the Arcane after the Sundering, so just because one is Highborne doesn’t mean they have been actively practicing. The Shen’dralar have been actively practicing, and the magical secrets found in Eldre’Thalas is not insignificant.

2 Likes

If you can give me three amazing feats that the highborne of eldre’thalas have done I’ll be ever so mildly impressed. For the last time the warsong came through the dark portal in the second invasion I am looking at it In chronicals now

Well that goes back to the thread you made a couple days back. We don’t really know what is reliable information, but it’s something that happens from the third person rather then something told to us by the NPC, so it would mean the PC his or herself is biased.

And at that point we have to question if literally anything in WoW is real, but if the unreliable narrator is that extreme then there’s little reason to argue what is or is not concrete lore. It could even work in the reverse, that the magic of the Shen’dralar is not immense at all and they only say it is despite the fact it’s long since become outdated.

Alliance got free ilvl 400 gear and gets better gear from world events than the Horde. Nevermind that average ilvl of item rewards has gone up. I didn’t actually look at her armory until Galien mentioned it, but she’s ilvl 325, which is pretty low. Suggests she plays another character.

:shrug: