How powerful are the various races in wow currently?

The warsong were one of the largest clans the orcs had and they came through in their entirety in beyond the dark portal. I am describing an example of what a unit trained to fight in such an area is described as in the game which is more than you have done with your argument boiling down to well they could learn! I am not describing the nightborne with the bubble or fields it’s the blood elves look it up. He serves the same role he is not on par with him. Yes and envelopes only work when you successfully defeat the enemy Calvary which if they are armored and you are not they are using mounts just like you and both are using melee weapons (or glaives that can be tossed a small distance) then you will not envelope them they will envelope you.

Guess again

"Several clans, among them the Warsongs, completely lost themselves to the depths of madness. To protect the rest of the Horde, Blackhand banished the violent clans from Hellfire Citadel to the remote areas of Hellfire Peninsula in order to preserve some of the Horde’s dwindling strength.

When the Horde prepared to invade Azeroth, Blackhand ordered the troublesome clans to remain on Draenor, since he believed that they would become liabilities if allowed to participate in the invasion. He knew that the clans would grow restless on Draenor, but a few months of waiting while hearing only stories of the lush new world and seeing only scraps of the war spoils would force them to be on their best behavior. If the clans were still uncontrollable, they could stay on Draenor and rot, for all Blackhand cared. After the fall of Stormwind City, the new Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer sent messengers to Draenor to call up the remaining clans in order to replenish the Horde’s numbers, but the messengers later returned to inform the Warchief that the clans on Draenor had descended deeper into bloodlust and had begun fighting with one another, allowing only a few orcs and ogres to bolster the Horde." Chronicle Vol 2.

That is not my argument, I am saying hit and run tactics have historically been very effective strategies in open field combat, using the Mongols and Polish ad examples. You said it yourself:

Well, you asked when the Highborne ever used a shield to stop an attacking army… Both Suramar and Eldre’thalas did that against the Burning Legion. So… Yeah. It’s worth noting that all the magic the blood elves know, they learned from the Highborne.

Source?

Not true, heavy Calvary is slow, and speed is what made these tactics work.

" If the situation deteriorated on one of the fronts or flanks, the leader from the hill directed one part of the army to support the other. If it appeared that there was going to be significant loss, the Mongols would retreat to save their troops and would engage the next day, or the next month, after having studied the enemies’ tactics and defenses in the first battle, or again send a demand to surrender after inflicting some form of damage. There was no fixture on when or where units should be deployed: it was dependent on battle circumstances, and the flanks and groups had full authority on what to do in the course of battle - such as supporting other flanks or performing an individual feigned retreat as conditions seemed appropriate, in small groups of 100 to 1000 - so long as the battle unfolded according to the general directive and the opponents were defeated."

Envlopment tactics developed by Subutai.

Night Sabers and Hippogryphs man… that’s the bulk of the Kaldorei force. Whereas the bulk of the orc forces are heavily armored infantry.

Armor slows them down. Light calvary armed with bows will turn slower armored units into pincushions. The open field is actually an advantage to the Kaldorei in this case.

2 Likes

BEYOND THE DARK PORTAL it is a book that describes the second orcish invasion read it. Yes it is true Calvary is placed at the flanks of the heavy infantry they are meant to encircle and prevent encircling while archers are placed in the back to fire volleys at an advancing line if you want to encircle the enemy you have to fight the enemy calvary the entire reason the mongols could do that is because they were firing arrows from the backs of horses not throwing their weapons at them at close range the calvary would easily repel them, the other part that is being described is small unit leadership and decentralization of command which is extremely effective but is off topic as pretty much every race has examples of this. Hippogryphs are counter by wolf riders and again by wryen riders. the night elves don’t usually fire bows from their mounts they throw glaives which is cool but must be done at a far closer range meaning they have to engage the calvary. yes some of the night elves do and that’s cool but it’s not near as common as you’re making it out to be. Also you are deliberatively cherry picking statements hit and run is not akin to mounted archery. As far as the no name high borne and rommath one is a boss mob in silver moon the other was a level 85 mage trainer in darn it doesn’t need a source it’s right there. The High elves were the highborne…………just like the nightborne……….they didn’t learn it from the highborne they ARE the highborne that rebuilt magical civilizations after the sundering not live in the ruins of their city after the sundering I mean honestly how much more proof do you need on this particular argument both the high elves and nightborne reestablished a magical power source for their people and built thriving civilizations based on magic and the night elves highborne…… enslaved a demon and drained energy off of it while their city slowly fell to ruins because they had to cull the population for this to even be a viable solution to their addiction.

1 Like

Beyond the Dark Portal is old lore from 2008, thus it yield to Chronicle when contradicted. Sorry, but the point you made from that book is retconned.

The Front, actually. Easier to defend from a flank that way.

Only in the RTS. It doesn’t make sense outside of a game-balance issue… Air power is not countered with nets.

…. Um, yes they do? Like a lot?

I mean, sure, but they could just as easily use a bow. They are not limited by one weapon. Are we talking about like a real feasible scenario here, or are we talking about WC3 game mechanics?

No, but the two things were used in tandem to great success on open field combat. That’s the point here. You say Kaldorei cannot contend on an open field due to their specialized skill set, when that specialized skill set is what lead to the creation of the largest empire in human history…

So, why are we assuming their magic is any better?

You know what they were doing in those ruins? Studying magic…

I mean, the Highborne is one thing. But if I really wanted to argue the magic point, I would say Priestess’ of Elune are just as capable in the magic department. Maiev claims that her Blink spell comes from Elune. Tyrande used something like mirrior image in the novel Stormrage. So, I can still argue the Night Elves magical ability while disregarding the HIghborne altogether.

A significantly powerful demon. And the only reason why they didn’t rebuild a civilization was because they were in hiding, because magical practice (unsanctioned by the Sisterhood) was a death sentence. Case in point, Nightborne were Night Elves, and they did just fine when left to their own means. Despite this, the Highborne are proven to be VERY capable, considering they are from an era when they dominated the Troll Empire while it was at its most powerful. Something the High Elves could never hope to do. In fact, Amani magic was stronger than theirs during the Troll Wars, which implies that High Elf magic had regressed since they broke away from the Highborne.

2 Likes

Okay im done with this arguement on most you aren’t going to budge it’s whatever but your last point is an absolute rper joke. High elves/ blood elves have advanced and spread magic to the other races they noticed that highborne enchantments the ones that they used from the imperial days were weaker than the amani enchantments at no point in chronicle does it state that they regressed in any way if anything they are far ahead of the highborne the nelves have. They had the well if eternity back then there is no way in hell the night elves could do this now . Feats alone show this the highborne aren’t on par with the blood elves. Also I don’t think that the highborne were too terribly worried about what the peasants thought of magic the sisters of elune didn’t even know they were there

1 Like

Because this is a subjective argument that is not rooted in lore… Nowhere in the lore are power levels or military standings are explicitly stated, so this entire argument is mostly rooted in headcanon and speculated engagements that happen under speculated conditions, which can go any number of speculated ways. This isn’t a topic that has a precise answer. Honestly, just for fun, I might argue that Quillboar are the most powerful race, and I am willing to bet I will come up with at least a few decent points.

What kinda joke is an rper joke?

Not necessarily… it was simply said that it was their enchantments that were weaker. It made no mention which enchantments they had been using, or if they even remembered the old enchantments from the old days. I am not saying they regressed, but it certainly could be interpreted that they did. Also, the High Elves didn’t want to spread magic to other races, but they did so as a way of weaponizing the humans against the Trolls.

Source?

Why not?

Suramar did it without the Well. And Moonwells are pretty powerful sources of magic.

Actually, night Elves were using Farie Dragons to disrupt enemy casters, and Dryads are resistant to magic as well. So that’s worth noting.

… How?

The SIsterhood hunted and killed Highborne practicing magic… So, I think they warried a lot. In fact Shen’dralar translates to “Those who remain hidden” BECAUSE they were hiding from persecution.

3 Likes

They had the night well dude did you do any of the suramar quests at all?

Sources all of chronicle literally all of it.

Feats the creation of the sunwell
The ability to nullify or weaken ALL forms of magic
Spell breakers
The shield that protected silvermoon from the orcish invasion
Kael thalas sunstrider walking around with a good damned phoeniex
Dath’remar sunstrider
Teaching the kirin Tor how to funnel their power into one mage creating the first guardian.
The capturing and draining of a naaru

What have the highborne done since the fall of the empire because during the empire they were all the same caste? Get slaughtered by the horde after they killed their pet demon.

1 Like

How are you going to sass me when you can’t even get your own points straight? XD

Except the Chronicle citations I used to contradict you?

Why is this more impressive than Moonwells or World Trees?

Faerie Dragons do this

Night Elves are the most successful mage hunters known to lore.

Sheild that protected Suramar and Eldre’thalas… Eldre’thalas had no magic well, btw.

I see your phoenix and raise you Dori’thur, who is way cooler. Oh… and an entire pantheon of Wild Gods.

He was a Night Elf :wink:

Because that turned our wonderfully looks over at the Dark Portal

We make trees come alive, your argument is invalid.

3 Likes

Dath’remar was one of the first god damned high elves he declared them the high elves.

The highborne had the well of eternity the nightborne had the night well so hints why I’m asking have you even done the suramar quests. You have not contradicted you have cherry picked. The amani had better enchantments the high elves took them studied them and produced even better enchantments that’s the level of magic you are dealing with they can reverse engineer and create better spells with someone else’s magic. Yes you have faerie dragons I don’t see night elves doing what the faerie dragons can do by themselves. If a moon well is a car battery the sunwell is a nuclear power plant, and are we talking about the world tree that took the aspects and wild God’s to grow combined with three vials from the well of eternity or the useless ones that were corrupted and granted the night elves nothing until two if aspects blessed it?

1 Like

Because of Malfurion Stomrrage. The civlian night elf army was as a pig to the slaughter.

1 Like

Mhm, and he was a Night Elf.

I have… but you said “They had the well of Eternity, so there is not way the Night Elves could do that now.” Which you said completely out of context, so I can only guess what you are even talking about.

the more we talk the more incoherent you are becoming. Am I frustrating you? I have stated several times, this is a subjective topic that isn’t related to lore, so they only reason why you would take this so personally is because you have a strong personal bias against night elves, and my perspectives angers you.

No, I completely denied you your point about the Warsong, among other things.

And the Highborne can’t? Are you implying the High Elves can read and study arcane but other mages can’t? That kind of all the Highborne did for the last 10,000 years.

Fearie Dragons have been utilized by the Night Elves in warfare similarly to Night Sabers and Hippogryphs.

Source?

Because Moonwells contain magic from the original Well of Eternity. It’s that magic that Archimond sought after in Warcraft 3… After his lackies already laid waste to the High Elves, by the way… Something the Night Elves prevented from happening to themselves.

I also recall Kael being impressed with Tyrande’s magic when they aided him against the scourge, and shes not even a mage.

Nope.

2 Likes

Akiyass: ::Cites a book stating that the Horde loses more soldiers than the night elves before the tree burning happens.::

Also Akiyass: ::Also fragrantly disregards correct, canon information in the very same paragraph that the reason this is true is attributed to Malfurion Stormrage killing the Horde.::

Never change, Triple H.

1 Like

It doesn’t attributed it Malfurion Stormrage. It simply acknowledges his role in the battle… But it says nothing that suggests that his is the hand that fired the gun that crippled the Horde during this offensive.

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Also, under Blizzards TOS, this is trolling and ongoing harassment. You follow me from thread to thread with the sole purpose of engaging me with ad hominem attacks. Keep in mind I am reporting you and have no issues submitting Harassment tickets about you.

2 Likes

Pre Cataclysm: The entire night elf army and civilian population requires Varian Wrynn to save them from Garrosh Hellscream. Malfurion is not present.

Cataclysm: The entire night elf army and civilian population requires the Alliance hero to save Ashenvale. Malfurion is not present.

War of Thorns: The Night Elf civilian population is engaged in war with the Horde. The majority deaths of the Horde are attributed to Malfurion Stormrage. Malfurion Stormrage is present.

1 Like

Fixed it

Who could just as easily be a Night Elf, thus not a substantial argument. The same can be said for every army in every questing zone.

False, Malfurion played a large part in the defense of Darkshore, but the majority of Horde deaths are not attributed to him directly.

I would say something about Triple H, but I think wrestling is for brain dead people.

2 Likes

But the night elves have their army AND their civilians!

Alliance majority race is human, not night elf.

There had been plenty of instances where Horde soldiers had pushed forward into an ambush. Malfurion struck hard all across the Horde’s lines, killing those foolish enough to charge into battle with him. When the final numbers were tallied, there would be more slain Horde than kaldorei

It was HIS ambush they died in!

:thinking:

1 Like

Why are you wasting time in a discussion with Aki? Literally Cata leveling content in Aszhara portrayed the average mage Highborne as so outdated they were basically rookie level… and she´s NOT gonna admit that.

Also, this is a waste of time when EVERY type of elf mage (regardless of faction background) is always portrayed as useless when facing the human overlords of the Kirin Tor and pet Mary Sue characters like muh Jaina.

2 Likes

Ain’t it the truth.

RIP Rommath.

2 Likes