How much gold will AV mount cost in Classic?

I cannot decide between buying my epic mount now or waiting to see the price…

Thanks!

I don’t think it was any more expensive than other mounts in Vanilla. Getting to exalted with the Stormpike will take you a while.

1 Like

No it won’t, AV rep is extremely easy.

1 Like

Been debating this too as getting IF rep takes forever.

Should be 640 gold.

Last edit to the wowwiki before the mount system change which made the riding skill more expensive and the mount cheaper.

It’s 800 gold. -10% discount from AV rep and it’s 720g. -10% discount from being honor rank sergeant or above and it’s 640g.

Good luck in AV without an epic mount.

2 Likes

AV is fine without the Epic Mount. Not everyone will have it, and you don’t need to be in the front to have fun. There are many objectives.

AB on the other hand is bad.

1 Like

Not everyone will even be 60 worked then always. fine on retail. be fine now. Id say 25 percent of group will constanly have under 60 just for the weapon quest etc

Many objectives? AV is a Zerg and if you don’t keep up you will get picked off by the rogues.

1 Like

Correct. We aren’t getting the good AV. We’re getting the crappy 1.12 AV.

3 Likes

I may be wrong, but before they changed it to honor marks I believe it was 100 before discount.

I remember playing on a potato pc and couldn’t zerg at the start cus i would d/c at the center. Worst part was login back in only to be stun locked and half dead before you could react. Bad times man lol

What’s the difference between them?

The NPCs have been significantly weakened, so there’s no actual need to do the quests to weaken them, as there was originally, rather than plowing straight to the enemy general; and the central graveyard will be easily capturable rather than coming with its own hostile-to-both-sides frost troll boss.

1 Like

Damn they should bring in more npc gameplay that sounds kinda interesting…

During 1.12 When you unlock the AV mount and have the sergeant discount, its only 8 gold. But you still need epic training to use it unlike the Rank 11 mounts.

[quote=“Ragefist-whitemane, post:17, topic:383125, full:true”] its only 8 gold. But you still need epic training to use it unlike the Rank 11 mounts.
[/quote]

while that would be awesome i seriously doubt they’ll give us an 8g epic mount in classic. it’ll probably be about as much as a regular epic mount but with the pvp discounts.

The original AV had PC drops that could be turned in for bonuses to your troops, summoning a huge raid boss to fight for you, etc. It was fun. It had objectives. It wasn’t a stupid zerg. It was an actual battle that could last days, and the honor kept flowing.

1 Like

Dont jump down my throat, but you can play “Classic Av” in live right now.
Its the WoW Anniversary so you can enter as early as lvl 10. Everyone scales to lvl 60. You might want to be a Horde though :wink:
Either faction, its been fun to see/play all the old mechanics Arinowene mentioned.