How much dps lost between Throw Glaive vs GT

Just wondering how much is the actual damage lost in M+. I am experiencing that in m+ Throw, Glaive build does more damage in AoE, but sometimes it is hard to play in pugs when tanks keep pulling all over the place since it relies on the Escence break window, Ragefire with Any means necessary. Also, it does pretty bad ST damage, especially on Tyrannical weeks. Also, it feels so bad when Ragefire is about to go off, the tank pulls the mob away, and there goes your damage. I also find the Throw Glaive build to be very chunky to play. It works, but it just doesn’t feel smooth.

Glaive Tempest feels smoother to play and does more ST damage. Yea, it does noticeably less damage in large pulls, but it feels like even if the tank pulls the mob away is not of a significant loss as Throw Glaive builds.

Just wondering how much of a damage loss is the Glavie tempest build and is it going to change in 10.1?

For context the Glaive tempest build is
BEkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIBkQKBplkISkWLCAAAAAAAJJIShkkCi0iUkkkkkQA

the Throw Glavie
BEkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQSSSCpEkWSiIRaiAAAAAAAolkgIFSiSIJtkgDkgECA

depends how many targets youre dealing with.
I use GT build in CoS & TJS due to less number of mobs.

Throw Glaive for pretty much everything else.
The damage loss isnt huge, but it is noticeable in fortified week for sure.

The above post^
Pull sizes, makes sure you use throw glaive outside of meta as it’s a damage loss to Anni in ST. Should prio Throw Glaive over CS as they both spend fury.

Thanks. Just fine the whole throw glaive and IA really chuncky to play with.

So I went on the DH discord, and the forums and was told that playing anything except for the current momentum/inertia/throw glaive was DPS suicide.

Well I simmed both the top subcreation build vs the wowhead no-mover and the no-mover simmed higher on M+ style sim setup.

Setup:

• 2 minute
  • patchwork
  • 6 boss
  • no buffs

No mover: 128k
top subcreation: 127k

1 Like

How is simming patchwerk anything remotely close to “M+ style sim setup”
Cant tell if youre trolling or not.
Also there are alot of factors youre not mentioning here such as the fact of mobs/bosses moving and GT not getting the damage off etc.

Simming is great and all, but you have to critically thinking the variables as well in a real dungeon setting.

Try dungeon slice also. No Mover simmed higher.

How else would you sim this?

The reason that momentum is the meta build is because of the sims.

No, it doesnt.
Why do you think throw glaive build is used in dungeons where mob density is higher?
It does more overall damage the more targets you have than GT build.

Why do you think we use GT in dungeons like CoS?
Less mob density, more prioritization on ST damage.

The more targets you have, the more valuable throw glaive build becomes.

GT
https//www.raidbots com/simbot/report/vR6XgATi34NF2z6wjMkZmB

Throw Glaive
https//www.raidbots com/simbot/report/mmY28Mv9VifB2yiqeJB8T2

You’re not really supporting what youre saying here.

Even on dungeon slice throw glaive build did more damage than GT.

Not for my character.

Youre posting on a level 70 monk, I have nothing to go off of.

1 Like

Your sims show a 2.9% damage difference. I was told that “playing no mover is meming. Pick another class if you don’t like momentum”.

Even your sim shows it’s marginally different. And, to your earlier point, if you don’t play like the APL (perfectly), there is a chance you realistically do more damage with no mover. Momentum build is significantly harder to play optimally.

Also, no mover does more ST damage. In a key you are likely better off with no mover.

I’ve never said that. Both builds have their place depending on the type of dungeon youre running.

Sure, one could argue that, but on weeks like fortified, you have more consistent AoE damage to clear faster. You can play GT build just fine, Im not arguing against that. But to say flat out, “No mover build is better in keys” is just false.

1 Like

Fair enough, well said.

1 Like