How many times did you max conquest bar?

Only to get a piece of gear you already had or was not an upgrade during BFA ?

It was not uncommon for me to receive a choice of items that were all the same stat ( like what’s the point ) or not an upgrade. Over and over .

Finally I just stopped caring about my conquest bar and went and squished bugs for my dailies.

Worst PvP reward system in the history of wow.

Glad vendors are coming back.

7 Likes

the issue is that you dont get competitive ilvl from the pvp gearing system until you are 2400+, vendors wont fix that.

5 Likes

Just FYI, you need to get through 9 conquest bars before you start getting upgrades. Everything with be ilvl 460 (465 for azerite pieces once you’ve done the 5+ bump) after that.

Farming PvP island expeditions + Weekly CTA are the fastest way to do this. I have two 445 pieces to get before I start on the 460 stuff, and I only started grinding last Saturday, playing between 2-3 hours a day.

If all you do is BGs, the gear will still be bad so it doesnt really matter.
The nice part will be getting “ok” weapons to start off with and get 2 from the vendor right away instead of waiting an entire cycle for a 2nd weapon.

1 Like

Not a fan of the loot RNG boxes in general which is being replaced with the token system.

Honestly? Every single time I’ve maxed it the gear piece was trash

I used the weapon for like 2 days and got a better one while raiding

1 Like

It was so disheartening still getting 445 downgrades from the weekly box of disappointment even though I was on my 2nd round of 460 conquest gear from turn-ins that I just gave up.

The weekly box is based on your rating. If you increase it you will get better rewards in the box.

1 Like

So glad you are using bfa context on something that we don’t know how it will work in slands

I was told after you completed your second cycle of 460 gear, you would start getting 460 gear in your chest. It makes zero sense that after getting full 460 gear you still only get trash 445 gear in that chest. It felt like an insult. It still does.

1 Like

It makes complete sense because:

1 Like

Yup, it’s the same reason you can’t do a +5 and expect +15 rewards in your chest. PvP chest works the same exact way - the harder version of the content (arena) rewards better gear.

Random bgs are on the LFR level of difficulty, so the 445 chest reward makes sense.

You are not even reading what I wrote. The gear in the chest is useless to anyone who has gotten full 460 gear from conquest turn ins. And I know people who were getting 460 gear from their chest who never did rated pvp or unrated.

So people who do +15’s normally expect gear that is 15 ilvls lower than the gear they get in their +15’s to be in their chest?

No you don’t. If you mean the pve chest, it’s because they did higher M+

I don’t think Blizzard cares about this, do harder content if you want better gear.

Never heard of this, pretty sure the PvP chest stays at 445 unless the person is doing arena on the side or something like that.

1 Like

Several people I know in the game and others in the forum have told me they were getting 460 gear in their chest, and I would too after another rotation.

Okay. If I had understood that the weekly chest is intended to be an insult to people who already have jumped through the hoops to get 460 gear from turn-ins, I guess I should have quit sooner.

The idea that designing something to be demotivating to casuals is somehow an oversight is laughably naive.

People who do +15’s or +5’s do not get downgrades in their chest every week. Next to nobody would be doing that content if they only ever got downgrades.

Not in the chest. If they got it, it’s because they did rated pvp. I just started getting 460 gear in the chest after I finally hit 1600 in rbgs. Before that was 455. If you don’t do rated pvp it stays 445.

Yes they do, not necessarily “downgrades”, but not upgrades either.

Gear has diminishing returns, once you’re already ~475ish then the chances of getting an upgrade from the weekly chest go down. Personally I haven’t gotten an item level upgrade in a few weeks now.

You’re wrong, plenty of people are still doing M+ last time I checked the pug finder page. Seems as alive and well as ever.

You wrote:

To which I responded that it makes perfect sense because the box is based on rating. If you want bigger box, get bigger rating. How you feel about it is irrelevant. It doesn’t matter if you like it. That’s how the system is, and that’s how you get higher gear.

The problem isn’t my reading, the problem is your capability to understand a basic sentence.

The people doing M15 are doing more than drooling on their keyboard while chasing zone air drops for conquest to fill the bar.
If you want better rewards, do better content.

M5 is only 450 from their chest FYI.