How many posts do I need to able to link images?

I am 1000 posts into these forums and so far I still can’t link images.

1 Like

You need Trust Level 3.

It’s based on your trust level. You need to be level 3. Most of us sit on level 2 I believe. I think if you’ve ever had any kind of disciplinary action against you on the forums you can’t ever reach trust level 3. Although that’s just something I’ve heard. Not sure how true it is. I’m inclined to believe it though because I certainly meet the other requirements.

My work around to be able to post links and such at least somewhat neatly I just use the ` symbol. Should be left of your number 1 key. Put one at each end of the link and it should be good to go.

1 Like

For how to get there:

7 Likes

I think the requirements on how to earn Trust Level 3 is a little too harsh, and is easy to lose as well. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I do admit to an inconsistency because I can link youtube videos.

So I don’t know why video links are more tolerated then images and gifs.

1 Like

Yea its not like we pay a subscription fee or anything… Not my fault Blizz is too lazy to hire forum moderators.

3 Likes

Who needs Forum Moderators when most people should know how to behave and follow the rules on the forums?

1 Like

Agreed. I think it’d be a lot better if it was easier to maintain, at least. For example, if the boxes to check to get there were the same but once you’re at level 3 you only need to read half as many posts/topics.

If I had to guess it’s because Youtube already moderates the content there so it’s a bit harder for a troll to post something… excessive. The trust level is basically saying “you’re here enough and have behaved enough we don’t think you’re going to link ‘adult’ content”.

1 Like

We’re talking about the internet and WoW forums here… They needed moderators years ago.

1 Like

Nothing is being censored. But I can tell you aren’t serious by using a fresh forum alt.

You can link from “pre approved sites” that generally only show what is generally considered “safe” material. For example, WoWhead links are accepted as well.

2 Likes

And look at a game that is slowly choking itself now.

1 Like

You know there are moderators, right?

1 Like

It’s not the whole range of abilities I’m interested in. But something like simply posting links or picture feels like it belongs at level 2. At least the links.

1 Like

I’m talking real moderators that have an obvious presence on the forums. Not the ghost mods or green text Blizz Defenders of Justice…

1 Like

Ah gotcha. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got here and I gave up trying for it ages ago.

1 Like

Yeah got nothing to do with post count. I am or was level 3 and I don’t post very often.

2 Likes

I think this is rather unfair, I have been suspended because some people are too soft.

1 Like

If you’ve been suspended, chances are there’s a good reason. This is coming from someone who has been suspended before

1 Like