How many alts is too much?

I had close to 60 level 50’s but I’m at 15 level 60’s. I really only play 4 of them but it’s nice to have the extras to farm something when it arises and also be able to switch mains in a hurry.

1 Like

Sounds like me. While I have only managed to get my warlock to 60, it’s because I always deviate to another. Simply because I want to know which is more fun. I LOVE my Druid but I also love my DH and am currently deciding if I want to roll a Shadow Priest or a Fury Warrior. I also get bored as well because I haven’t found a guild that actually speaks to one another so the game so far is very linear to me. I think all my alts reflect that to a point. Haha. I also don’t have much interaction with anyone as everyone I know has moved on and I am just returning as well. In my head I imagine playing in dungeons with a solid group of people one day :joy: so for me all my alts serve a purpose I guess. :joy:

Shrugs.

Probably when you can’t do Legion invasions on all of them.

80 alts is too much.

Alts are the secret to happiness.

I have 3 “mains” a healer, tank and DPS. Whatever my friends need, I’m happy to fill in.

That said, I have about…6 other alts that I play around on, for taking a break and doing new stuff/new class.

No, no… 51 is too many! 50 is fine tho :wink:

2 Likes

Yes you do!!

1 Like

Do what you enjoy! I love all my alts in some way. I have plenty. There are those that enjoy fewer. It’s only too much if you are not enjoying it.

2 Likes

you can have as many as you like along as that number doesn’t reach 51

If you have more than one character at level 60, you are doing it wrong!
Alts characters are like an old apple lying around in the fridge that you dare not eat or throw away… All alts should be deleted by Blizzard: only one character per account!

Too many alts? There is no such thing. On Diablo 2 I have 9. Diablo 3 I have 6. On SWtoR I have 9. Guild Wars 1, 7. Shadowlands WoW, 15. Classic WoW 10.
On Classic WoW I rolled my first 7 alts and leveled them all equal, 1 level at a time, got to lv 50 on them all before SL released. I don’t believe in having a main

2 Likes

Have 66 charters total

I have 3 but really only play one.

Have 22 40 renon alts bigger then you lol

Well, my dad is stronger than yours…

He was Chuck Norris’s trainer. . . right? :smile:

1 Like

i have 4 alt i play more than the rest, and 5 other i play way less often but still plan to get to same level as the first 4 (ie, reach lvl 60, finish covenant campaign and get around 180-195 item level via spamming LFR)

But among all these, i still focus a lot more on my hunter and death knight, with rogue number 1 being a close third. the rest is behind.

It depends on what you plan on doing with it. If you’re fine with it being half naked and good for nothing I guess you can have lots of them.

If you want them to be decently competitive then renown/torghast/conduits/farm/farm/farm makes it so only 1 or maaaaaybe 2 if you play a lot, unless you no life the game.

I currently have 20 alts on one server (no main), and I just started a 21st for fun…most of them are level 60 now…maybe, that’s too many…

If you have a main, then 49 alts is on the verge of being one too many.

It took me a while (about a year) before I could decide on who may main was. When I finally picked one, in the next expansion that class got hit with the nerf bat - hard. My advice is this: how much you enjoy playing a class will depend - a little - on how the class is balanced in the current expansion. It’s totally okay to have different mains, right now I’m enjoying my paly. This is my other piece of advice: this is entertainment, so you should play that which you enjoy most.