How Low is Low Pop?

My group of friends are considering moving from Whitemane to Blaumeux for a few reasons. First, Queue times. Second, Whitemane is so crowded, it might be a nightmare towards end-game, and with so many organized groups, wPvP may not be enjoyable against such people.

But we’re considered about server pop being too low, that 2-3 months down the line, the server will just be dead. Has Blizzard said anything about this?

They said a few days ago that “low” is still higher than the highest pop server back in the days.

4 Likes

Yeah, but I suspect a 80-90% dropoff within the first couple of months.

Low could be anywhere between zero and medium, right? They said medium was over twice the size of a high pop vanilla server.

I would create my names on Bluemeow when possible, then wait and see the pop at launch. A multi-hour queue might motivate you in the moment.

I’m sticking to Blammo.

Blammo Crew for life!

/10characters

1 Like

Low pop is bigger than the fullest server on vanilla. Which was more than plenty. Dont let it fool you. Full server rollers are goong to seriously regret layering dissapearing.

1 Like

Low pop will be as high as a full vanilla server was, but what about in 2-3 months?

With them opening up character creation you could attempt to make characters of the same name on more populated servers Monday just as a failsafe if the name was that important to you.

Exactly. But hopefully if the low pops do turn into ghost towns, Blizzard will wise up and allow character transfers.

I mean, they’ve already said that’s an option if servers DO die, but the whole reason of them releasing them like this is to try and ensure that none of them will die out.

A full server in vanilla had like 15k people on it

I’m the owner of the Blaumeux server.

I can tell you that there are times when my wall is more active than the other servers with over 5,000 people in their discord. We are a very passionate community, and are growing every single day. We’d love to have you.

discord.gg/MbQDrpH

3 Likes

What? No it didnt. A full server could have around 4000 people on at once, tops.

That’s on at once… not active population of the server…

only like 20-30% of players are actually on at any one time

You’d probably be better off rolling on Bigglesworth instead, it’s also a west coast server and thanks to it’s name will probably be more popular than Blaumeux.

They say that a Low population server has more people than a high population realm in vanilla. Unless I am missing something, they should maybe have said that it “may” have more people since Low could also mean that there are 10 people on the server.

Low or high. It won’t matter, if you make your community great. If you don’t plan on contributing much, just go with a high pop server.

They’ve talked about the full servers like Herod having a queue 10,000 deep. Realize that the original vanilla servers weren’t even close to that populated. I’ve seen 2500 and 3500 given in various places as server capacity but I’d imagine those numbers are meant to be concurrent logins, not total accounts/characters created on the server. I found this post https://i.imgur.com/yNWkujT.png from Mark Kern (Grummz) on the Elysium Project Discord says that the server capacity was 3500 to 4000 and I’m guessing he means concurrent logins. Additionally Blizzard ran the vanilla servers intentionally below capacity https://youtu.be/izCBaGfGJCg?t=2373 also per Mark Kern.

At some point during vanilla I believe they raised the cap to 3500 per realm. So if low means 3000 people then the low servers would end up being the only servers with an authentic vanilla experience which is why I’ll probably be rolling on one of the new servers Monday.

1 Like

I believe it was medium now is higher than full in vanilla so pop is prob med vanilla server to bfa dead server…but we wont know really whats in between