How long till the Fifth War?

Probably an eternity with the way cross faction is going. I don’t think they’ll ever not have cross faction again, it’s a great move.

2 Likes

Oh yes the congaline of expansion bosses waiting to be knocked over like bowling pins is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more interesting than a nuanced conflict in a world where everyone has their own conflicting righteous cause.

2 Likes

If they do a fifth war event, attack goldshire. Burn it to the ground. No phasing either.

Let that hedonistic furry playground become a footnote, and nothing more.

2 Likes

You don’t have to sacrifice cross-faction gameplay to have a faction war narrative.

1 Like

I guess you could do a mercenary system. Or have a few real pvp realms for the people who want the faction conflict.

1 Like

Which people?

Void or blood elf.

blood elves…I’d see no real issue. they’d probably burn her as a witch lol. there can only be one ends justify means zealot in the blood elves. Lady Liadrin has that job.

I was a bit let down they didn’t cover bfa in the new scenario.

Come help us clear the ghost ring! goes Liadrin.

Hold up woman. we are going to talk first. wth was up with your lawful evil mental flip in bfa. and why you acting like its all good?

ghost ring, mall walker?

liadrin…I have cleaned that ring at least 4 times in classic (dead server switches are so fun), many more on retail 1 to 60. it can wait.

its a crap hole. It has been, is now, will always be a crap hole. lets talk you getting mental in bfa. this…would be more interesting.

2 Likes

why would anyone want to see a fifth war with this writing? like for real is sucks

2 Likes

The issue is that Blizzard is literally incapable of writing nuanced conflict.

They couldnt even give the Jailer a legitimate reason for doing the things he was doing beyond “Well cuz he’s evil”. They even threw Infinity Stones in there as a random MacGuffin because they were so out of narrative ideas.

2 Likes

You right, they should probably wait until Danuser gets the boot.

1 Like

i have zero clue what in the hell you are even talking about. the lore has beeennnnn 1000% trash since end of MoP start of WoD

1 Like

I’d love it if they had chris avellone come in personally. A nice new outside the current stream of writers view here.

Loved his touches to the fallout universe when they contracted new vegas out to obsidian.

also got the closest to consolidating its lore. Not an easy feat as at that point the IP had changed hands so many times.

Something wow needs…they don’t consolidate and clean it up. they set the lore retcon machine on puree mode and let it rip.

1 Like

you edited the whole dam thing you said

1 Like

I understand you’re being humorous but I genuinely think they need to slam the retcon button for everything that’s happened since the end of 7.2

2 Likes

I got super lost in your comment but that’s the thing, even if the blood elves don’t accept her and the void elves for their practices(I mean, come on bros, we almost got ourselves screwed up by messing with highly addicting and dangerous magic in TBC, why yall would want to go back to that?) the blood elves are still her people and Silvermoon was once her home.

1 Like

oh yeah. I want it was a dream.

And we ahve the small hope…its there. we only know a grave threat woke up stone dude to wake up the dragons. we could have a “prequel” here. Please elune make it so.

as if DF opens up in the now timeline I got one question.

why the hell is deer in the forest needing 5 rotations to die from the sword that killed the damned jailor lol?

Kobolds and murlocs taking us to 50% HP? wth…this armour took a punch from the jailor.

1 Like

I just took out the Madeline Roux part since while I personally like her, she’s pretty controversial because she had some tweets that made certain people buttmad.

1 Like

oh so you took out a big part cuz i didnt care

1 Like

Go get em kitty.

2 Likes

I would actually hate that because that’d be a permanent breach of trust between writer and player. We wouldn’t be able to trust anything that happens ever again because it could all just be a dream.

I’d rather they just hard retcon it. Give an out of game “Yeah we screwed up and are going to pretend like none of it happened.” and move on.
Maybe flash a warning before players enter BfA/Shadowlands content saying “This content is no longer considered canon.”

1 Like

There’s nothing interesting or nuanced about a conflict that we know has only one end, every time they try to tell a faction conflict story it’s terribly received, look at BFA.

The faction conflict is dead, get over it.

2 Likes