How long before we write the Community Council as a PR stunt?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m still hopeful. Yes, it’s taking time, but if taking time is what it takes to get some change and engagement, then I’ll be patient. When I get new ideas, I’ll post them. When I have thoughts on other people’s posts, I’ll add them. I read every comment on every thread on the CC forums.

I love the classic feedback. It’s great to see that engagement, and I’m hopeful we get some similar feedback for SL soon. Bear in mind as well, that we are one month into a year long term. I’m still hopeful for the next 11.

If that’s the case then fair enough. My mistake.

1 Like

[quote=“Letholas-veknilash, post:142, topic:1165708”]

Timba is right, this is what I meant. I’ve no specific criticisms of the CC members or those participating in that forum itself. I believe many of you who are actively posting here in GD genuinely want the same things the rest of us want. To see Blizzard get back to the industry standard they once were and for the game to quit being a constant river of meme catchphrases like “choreghast” and “don’t you guys have phones?!”

2 Likes

yes except that goof pvper who doesn’t want cross faction play. that guy absolutely can leave and i would not cry over the milk on the floor.

I’d give ya a like but I’ve apparently given out too many today :stuck_out_tongue:
That said though, if Blizzard could have a return to form and bring back even half of those who quit, the faction imbalance would probably be a non-issue. I do agree though it’s an outdated idea and could be handled easily without segregating the playerbase

I tried to reach you and get involve on GD around the paragon boxes (rng) topic, but even on GD, I don’t see post started by Community council characters, like i know the idea is to provide your feedback but you could also ask the GD for other opinions instead of waiting only on other Council members to reply, if Blizzard don’t interact with us, maybe we need to interact more between both forums because they practically split players.

Obviously that depends if the Council member want to read a lot of replys and some trolls comments.

I’d prefer not to divulge too much of my personal info on the forums, but yes. I am a content creator/influencer, among other things.

1 Like

I didn’t take the Council seriously to begin with.
I don’t trust anything Blizz says at all with their actions over the past few years.

2 Likes

They thought that a hand-picked group of mostly the sort of players they respect would come up with fresh, new ideas worthy of consideration. Or at least they would be intelligent enough to be awed by rock star devs who design by their vision of a glorious future for wow, without consideration of what lowly “consumers” might want, which would taint their results.

1 Like

Have you ever had a job where choices were made that not everyone agreed with? Well, unlike most jobs with strict employee compliance standards that require you to participate or find another job. Blizzard leadership had instead continuously played “pass the buck” on this issue to the point that the idea of communicating with the player base was an inside joke for many of the staff. But just be aware, I was told this second hand from a relative of a possibly former and maybe disgruntled employee. I have no contact with either of these people currently. So, take it with scepticism.

Well, that fits with what I’ve heard others say. Of course it’s hard to know if it’s true.

The feeling has been for a long time that the wow “deciders” look down on the players and have a mostly adversarial relationship with the masses.

The CC has done little to dispel that feeling. It feels empty, like nothing is really going to change no matter what.

They’ve had plenty of feedback.

i just hope they abolish this ridiculous honor gear grind.

Every game i’m going up against people who have like 60k+ hp.

They did way tooo quick of maths when making this pvp system.

Well, considering what we know about what they had to say about content creators who had been shilling for them in leaked correspondences, this probably isn’t an off base assertion. Blizzard has hardly even tried hiding their hubris this past decade, and them calling us toxic is clearly a case of “guilty dogs bark loudest”.

2 Likes

Yep. Eve CSM as least is voted in.

And in the past, not sure of now, they got a trip to iceland even. See the place Eve is made, actually see the devs face to face.

Some, again. Eve had and is trying to get that party at the top of the world going again. See the devs. Hell, drink with them on the bar hopping pub crawl event even.

:point_up:

Just what do you think a public stunt is for?

I dont know how long bro.

lmfao i’m dead.

wow influencer LOL

3 Likes

Well now that the holidays are over they better get to it.

I wrote it off the day it was announced, because i know no one chosen to be on it will give an honest answer for fear of being kicked off it.

3 Likes

They dont have a lot of people on there that should be on there. I find that a little odd as well as off-putting.