How legitimate is this particular Aberration RP character?

Would I get shunned if I try to RP this thing? Advice for improvement? Opinion and idea are all welcomed.

Credit to my friend for making majority of idea concept.

Referential Lore&Info bits, the concept is based on

#1) There are divisions that separate different dimensions, apart. Ex. Shadowland, physical world, etc

#2) In ancient past, Old Gods twisted native elementals, into their pawns, to ravage continent. Titan’s creature, The Keepers, banished those elementals, into Elemental Plane. Later eras, Azeroth races (ex. Troll, Human, …) were then born and able to expand civilization.

#3) I’m aware, the Elementals are actually representative of natural forces – like volcano, river stream, etc. And were mildly personified, for purpose of easier reading.
But I haven’t figured sentient race/being, not sounding too OP, or too beyond transmog’s aid. And fit background concept, somewhat.

Character background concept

So, character is an elemental… who was very curious about dimensional divisions. Once, came to study particular division, which, unknown to him, will let him get closer to contacting Void entities. Local duke – the greater elemental that governed area – already been corrupted by a Void Lord – feared that he might discover and leak this fact. Then others might try contacting other Void Lord, bargaining for power, becoming rivals. And etcetera. So the duke prohibited him from studying further. When the duke later found out, that he was secretly continuing, the duke punished, by magically sealing him underground, for eternity.

Event in Referential Lore #2) happen. Then, his seal was majorly broken. Though its magic still bound him to this world. He was liberated to resurface. And saw that Horde/Alliance races, now, occupy the land. (They were probably who tampered the seal)
For ease of searching for what happened that all his elemental kin, disappeared; He decided to try mimicking local races. And comes across armor suit with conduit for magical enchantment, worn by a corpse, while he was wandering war aftermath.
And through said conduit, he possesses the hollow suit.

This character would also portray ultradimensional properties.
For few examples :

• May fail to fully understand gold value, or division between living person and their ghost, due logic like “This dimension, feel less real, than other dimension. etc”
  • May speak like having experienced witnessing world more than thousand years

I classify him as ‘Aberration’.

I classify him as a character built on a set of gimmicks and a bog standard “fish out of water” cliche.

It remains to be seen whether you can transcend the parts and build an actual character from this foundation. Making a character is the legitimisation of the concept.

My initial “feel” for this character is… neutral.
It feels like you’re trying to make a lore-friendly concept, and I really don’t initially see anything wrong with it.
You may need to keep such a background as a background. Dont bring it up on the first RP. Or even the first RP with anyone. After all, is it the character or the background that you’re RPing?
This comes from someone that has seen others RP as a dragon, and on the first time meeting them, the character is all, “Dont tell anyone, but I’m a dragon. See? Cool, huh?” However, its your character, your choice.
Run with it, because characters can be done very well. If you get to that point with anyone/a guild or group, his backstory can turn into a bit of a story arc.

Thank you for feedbacks.
By lore, his classification should be an elemental. My intention was to avoid potentially giving Shaman, anxiety.

But, I believe I get your advice, in that ship draft never become ship, without betting attempt to try crafting and see how it run.

Thank for the advice, friend.
It seem you don’t find the concept, too weird, either.
Still, I hear more than 1 people, suggesting me outside forum, to make it “person”. So, I try adapting background that way.
Here, have another headache.

Char background concept: Not elemental

He was an alchemist transmuter, with interest in deciphering how fabric of universe was made.
A shadowy, obscure dimension, once drawn his attention, to study the wall separating our world from it.
Unknown to public, local district chancellor, in pursue of immense power, had secretly made pact with entity behind said dimension - a Legion demon. Feared that the alchemist would discover and spread this fact among public, the chancellor angrily prohibited further research.

Upon finding alchemist’s secret continued study, he attempted assassination by sending alchemist to different dimension. Alchemist’s last second reaction, caused unintended arcane anomaly, where alchemist’s mind, was forced to segregate from his body. And went lost in another remote dimension. His body – remained living in coma state – was the only thing, his friends could salvage, when they arrived at scene, to rescue.

A few years later, the body, now lying at infirmary, awoke. A mind has re-entered it.
But, those close to him, slowly realize, that the ‘returned mind’ is not exactly mind belonging to their people.