How is WPvP in Earthfury?

Hi all, I’m currently playing in one of the bigger realms and was thinking about making use of the paid xfer to move to one of the less populated realms (ideally around 3k).

I was wondering how the WPvP is right now in Earthfury, if there’s a healthy and balanced battle for the end game spots, like BRM or the Plaguelands flight points. Where I’m at right now it’s full of death squads making it impossible to quest in the areas 55+.

Thank you in advance.

wPvP is pretty solid here, with no side really being more active than the other. That said, there’s wPvP here, but not so much that some places are unquestable.

If you’re Alliance, this server will be great for you, as people here will help you fight the Horde if you get ganked and camped.

It is very dead, please don’t come. Incendius is better

2 Likes

It just so happens I’m from Incendius, and the population is so high that the game just feels busted in several aspects.

What faction are you?

I love the world PVP here. I played in Vanilla and loved world PVP back in the day and the world PVP here is even better. Phase 2 on this server was bar none the most fun I’ve had in this game in years.

Things have calmed down a bit. In the morning things are slow but later on you can find action on either side.

There would be nothing wrong with more PVPing horde or alliance coming over. The only thing is that horde ranking is super competitive so if you are thinking about that keep that in mind. You need to play 20 hours a day 7 days a week, with ganking between queues, to get into the top brackets horde side.

Also I came from Herod and I did not like being surrounded by so many other players where I couldn’t even tag mobs. This is way more like a Vanilla server.

2 Likes

The server is good, I came from stalagg and the horde was so thick I was constantly dead and certain areas had so many horde I had trouble targeting mobs,. So coming here was much better and more balanced.

On retail back in BC when i started, the server I was on was med pop and by that time not many cared about wpvp, we had arenas all that to get points. I did like wpvp more then because it was mainly 1 vs 1, now as soon as I fight horde another one comes along and I am dead… But this is not a server thing.

The population here is around high medium, but it does feel like retail to me to the fact I still don’t know most players on this server, 14 years back I knew most players by cap lvl, and had a active friends list …now its at 0 .lol it was just a lower pop on my pvp server back then. So I started classic with the mentality I had from 2005, which turns out to not be true, community wise for most servers.

Bottom line i am happy i made the move to this server.

1 Like

Well add in the transfers being added and it’s understandable why everyone doesn’t know everyone else. This was a transfer server. I came from Herod. I’ll fully admit part of my reason for knowing so few is hesitance to PuG. If I checked guild chat while leveling I heard lots of issues with PuG groups. And our Legacy dungeon runs are almost always quick and smooth so I quit looking for random groups.

I am trying to be a bit more open on my alts (I have one of every class, but warlock and priest. Including a second druid). I rotate my alts for rested XP and tend to meet some nice people. Just really bad at keeping in touch even with them added to friends list.

I’ll say Earthfury feels like my BC server, Shandris. Nice mix of Alliance and Horde. Only difference is Shandris was PvE and this is PvP. The only thing I will ever miss about Herod is the economy, but the only way to have that kind of economy is to have a massively over populated server. I remember the night before I transferred I put up almost every mat I had on the AH. Everything sold and I came over with a small, but decent amount of gold. Not everything sells here. You can’t always find what you want on the AH and if it’s there it may be exorbitantly over priced in comparison to the higher pop servers. I keep looking for Pristine Hide of the Beast and every time it’s near 500g. I shouldn’t look is even at 200g I’m still saving for my epic mount. So I think that’s the biggest con for anyone that transfers. Economy.

World PvP is good. Was doing HoJ stealth runs with a guild rogue last night. He had to AFK at the ramp up in Searing Gorge and got killed. I went back and saw a few Alliance and a what seemed to be a smaller group of Horde fighting. Joined in a summarily got owned by a rogue. So yeah, WPvP is alive and well here! BRM is the main area outside of the Plaguelands. The lower level areas can be quiet in my experience, but that is- to be expected now.

Honestly there isn’t much PVP. Everyone who cares seems to be spamming BGs. You’ll find some incidental PVP every now and then, but most of the time I run past Alliance and they run past me.

There isn’t much wpvp during daytime or very late at night. Most of the alliance is camping in their home cities queueing AV.

I believe this is the main issue on my server as well. Only leveling Alliance players are roaming around and we’re cannon fodder for geared max level Horde. :sweat:

True, and anything 48+ is honor. One of the flaws of the Vanilla PvP system. Should have been anyone 55 or 56+ was honor for 60s. A 48-50 is a joke to a 60 unless it’s super geared with engineering and the player is just that good. And most of those are people looking to kill 60s not the other way around.

So you’d say this problem is very present on Earthfury as well?

Last night I got camped so hard questing at SG the game wouldn’t even let me revive at all. :sob:

It’s really not that bad with allies getting camped. It’s a PVP server so you’re going to get ganked though on both sides.

No, not at all. Yes, the rankers are out in the world getting kills, but they are more often than not outnumbered by alliance. It’s just… that alliance is far less willing to engage in combat than horde. 95% of the time I’m the one attacking first.

If I’m out in the world I mostly have a reason. Farming, alts, rep, etc. Hence why I do little wpvp. Lunar Festival has been annoying! lol Porting to normally safe Moonglade and getting ganked by 2-3 Horde isn’t my cup of tea, but I have learned to stealth out to the FP real quick.

The only wpvp I see is the rogues in IF. And rarely do I get a 1v1 so chances of winning are slim.