How is Vengence so far?

Title question. How does vengeance feel so far

At the moment with my first two dungeons pretty bad.

Dps being able to do 50k single target and 100k aoe and pull extra packs onto the tanks to boot (as if I can hold the aggro.) Because its the first dungeons at 70 I have low stats so everything hits like a truck when I can keep threat. I’d planned on farming dungeons tonight but after two pugs. I’m logging off and about to take a nap.

Probably better in an organized group but I’m staying away from pugs for awhile. Might actually just level a dps instead.

Threat can be tricky, but survivability is on point… DPS is meh, but that’d be fine with me if threat was a bit better - or maybe both will be better with good gear. In M0, nothing is killing me though unless I get CC’d though.

I have been having a great time with veng, it pretty much has an answer for everything. No issues with threat or dps. I am usually 1st or 2nd on meters…In saying that, I’ve only just started running heroics tonight… People already leaving when you say its only your second time lol. Being a tank still comes with a lot of expectations! Geez. But ya Veng DH slaps imo. I imagine with scaling the DPS won’t be as high as it is now, but right now it’s a lot of fun! Take the plunge my friend! You won’t regret it!

Main blood dk. They are absolutely great fun and maintains threat with very little effort

You’re doing something wrong. Vengeance is the best it has ever been. Our threat generation is extremely high, our damage is nutty, our self healing is very good, our mitigation is excellent, and our utility is fantastic.

I had no issues tanking anything even with full Shadowlands gear at 70.

I figured out what I did wrong. There was a world quest up that gave a 363 weapons so dps were pulling huge numbers but because I wasn’t finished with the main story I didn’t have it unlocked and was still using green quest weapons. As you can imagine I couldn’t keep threat.

I now have 2 363’s myself and I don’t have problems, but those initial dungeons sucked.

2 Likes

I am not 70 yet but as a bear tank and seem fine so far. Only issue is hunters pulling extra mob wity their barriage

That is probably not an accident.

When I was tanking normals and heroics I saw lots of DPS and healers purposely pulling extra groups.

The normal and heroic dungeons are very easy and good tanks can survive massive pulls. Thankfully Mythic 0 has been very difficult.

So when I ask about Vengeance DH you bring up blood dk umm yea not what I was asking about

Not asking about bear druids I am asking about veng dh could care less about druids

Ive been maining vengeance since early legion, and its feeling really good. Damage is good, survivability is good, and the playstyle had some minor changes that feel good. Theres a ton of customization in the talents you can work with. Mastery doesnt feel bad to have(personal preference is i might even stack it with vers). Im looking forward to raid and mythic plus when they launch. Frailty gamers rise up

1 Like

Vengeance feels decent in mythic 0 so far.
Threat is a little low but its being buffed.
Fury generation could use a slight increase (or make haste + vers scale better, their curve seems really agressive compared to crit or mastery).
Hopefully at +20 dragonflight veng will have some survivability; shadowlands veng was too squishy overall.

One of the best tanks.

Really the only weakness is lack of CDs, but the giant health pool, and “mini” CDs of FB and FD with Demonic do enough to bridge the gap. Oddly enough, VDH feels like an old school Bear tank. Giant HP pool, dont directly mitgate a ton but can comfortably take any hit to the face.

One of the things that might be holding some people back is that VDH feels the most “complex” its ever been sans the second half of Legion. This is primary because of how variable the rotation is. You have rules to follow, SpB at 4+ on multiple targets, dump with Cleave, only Fracture as your 2nd charge comes off CD, but due to the volatility of Fury and Soul Frag generation, your always thinking ahead to an extent, and your limited # of defensives mean thay screwing em up can be punishing.

I would advice people to take Feed the Demon and Elysian Decree. FtD really helps snooth out damage intake, and ED while weaker than Fodder, is on demand and helps a ton at the start of pulls.

The balance between the top four tanks (Pali, War, Druid and DH) is so absurdly good rn. Bloods not far behind either.

Tank balance is great, assuming your tank is sober.

Considering that threat generation for all tanks is about to be raised from 550% to 650%, I’d say we’re just about perfect. Having Chaos Nova on top of all our preexisting AoE CCs, plus Darkness for when trash pulls get a bit hysterical, the HUGE buff to Frailty which can now STACK!

Seriously, the new talents make me so happy. I’ve got a Fiery Brand build for raiding, a standard M+ build, and a few specialized setups I’m testing for specific dungeons, like taking Elysian Decree for the Academy dungeon for that blasted tree boss.

It’s delightful.

Hard part about vengence is just the up front threat once you get it rolling your normally fine.

the reliance on frailty stacks for survival and soul cleave being the best way to apply those stacks does limit the classes survivability when the pack is larger than 5 targets

1 Like

Bump ten chars

It’s too tied to Havoc.

Havoc will get nerfed more, soon, and Veng will suffer as a result.

Generally it’s the opposite. If havoc is bad, veng is more likely to be brought for brand. This is one of the few times when both specs are doing well and can see representation.