How is the server?

In my opinion, War Mode is rad. It opens up PvP to those that want it without actually forcing people to participate in something they don’t want to engage in.

I actually kind of enjoy it. Sure, it’s not perfect. Know what it is to me? Fun. And that’s why I play games. To have fun.

This is not even remotely true to that being all there is that’s out there.

Edit: it’s worth it in my opinion.

3 Likes

Pvp has always been optional

Definitely isnt fun. More so if you’re horde.

It’s the majority. You’d be hard pressed to find anything else

please don’t call me out like this

Really? I haven’t seen a date auction on this server since the last one I did in 2012.

ALSO, Selleth, just wondering my dude…all you ever do is complain about the game in every other thread on this forum…
You ever think that time could be better put to use finding a different game that you enjoy?

4 Likes

I dont know anyone on those games. I also dont know the lore. And I’m way too far behind to get caught up for pvp

Guess I’m just used to RP-PvP servers with their contested territories. WM reminds me of those days. It’s why I enjoy it.

What? I get stomped more than I do the stomping. I’m a sucker for a challenge so I don’t mind it so much. Again, it’s a fun thing to me. I imagine the Alliance in our shard has more fun, which is why there are so few of us in it.

Lol, no.

Edit: Post on your main. Show us who your WrA character is so we can show you where the TONS of various RP scenes that are out there :wink:

You can always learn lore.

I realized I wasn’t enjoying WoW RP so I went back to forum RP. I’m on a forum right now playing a magical cat that everyone loves. We’re revitalizing a dragon rider RP on the side. It’s really nice. There are plenty of forums with easily accessible lore out there.

And I’m pretty sure most mmos with pvp these days have catchup mechanics. I’ve heard good things about ESO’s PVP. Personally I like mobas for my PVP fix. It’s less gear dependent and more on how you play.

1 Like

I did attend a date auction the other month, and there is a Love is in the Air event scheduled for the 22’nd that will include one- for obvious reasons.

The most frequently recurring and publicized server events are indeed of a less combat oriented nature: open air markets, performances, parties, pub nights, scholarly symposiums, story circles, and the like…

https://sites.google.com/view/warcraftisastage/upcoming-events?authuser=0

But they aren’t the only RP going on. They’re just the widely publicized server events. Because all you need to really coordinate and oversee are the people on your end. Five people could show up, or fifty, and they still last 2 or so hours and go off without a hitch.

Compare that to say a plot driven adventure/combat event. Those require so much more effort and time.

My guild hosts plenty of adventures and a monthly duelists tournament. Even if only 10 people show up, between rolls, emotes, and everyone waiting their turn, it means events can last 3+ hours EASY. For this reason, we don’t advertise these as server wide events. They’re invite only. Even then, we had over 20 attendees at our last tournament.

Our last guild storyline event had over 30 people and lasted nearly 6 hours. We’re never doing anything like that again, and I’ll be darned if we’d ever think of doing something like that as a server event. Meanwhile, our market had nearly 50 attendees last month and we’d love more in that regard!

And right now, Tam is involved in a number of ongoing plots. A friend of hers suffered severe injuries after exposure to Azerite and Void energies and is now in need of long term medical treatment and possible surgery. Another friend of hers was bitten by a snake spirit inhabiting an ancient Zandalari artifact, which has afflicted her with a curse that her amulet is only able to stave off for so long. Another one of her friends lost his airship to pirates and is assembling a crew to go and get it back.

That’s not tavern RP. But it’s also not the kind of RP that I’m going to just pull someone off the street to resolve in a single session. It arose organically. The first people to get invited are people the characters involved already know and trust. It’s not going to be broadcast publically. And while it’ll take place in the open world, the odds of you randomly stumbling upon it are slim to nil.

So yeah, other kinds of RP are definitely out there. I also just mentioned the Horde War Council, who had a meeting the other week and engage in PvP. I didn’t even know they were a thing until the other year, and apparently lots of others didn’t either because the last time I mentioned them here on the forums, I got like a dozen whispers from people wanting to know more.

There’s also the Kosh’harg, which is a seasonal meeting of Orc Clans- which has expanded to include the clans/tribes/warbands/spiritual circles of other races. I played a small part in the two that occured last fall, and there’s another being planned for Spring. I’m on the Discord if anyone wants an invite.

Heck, if anyone is looking for any kind of RP at all, add me on Discord. Tamani#2391. I may not have what you need, but chances are I can at least point you in the right direction. Or if you’re interested, hit me up in game, and I can have Tamani make some in character introductions.

5 Likes

I’ve been to all the cities. Org only has wyrvens tail, ppl in silvermoon may as well be statues, tb is usually empty. The surrounding zones are empty. Dal… I just dont like dalaran… everything is just empty.

You’d think it’d be easy for an elf in full blood knight gear (mogged, btw. Thanks rbgs)…

Then I got super salty about the lore so I quit and went to classic, but I’m bad at meeting people so eventually my sub just ran out

Maybe I’m just on at the wrong time. Ah well

In the words of Kevin Hart: “You gotta be part of your OWN RESCUE!”
What? Idk. Suggestions:

1. Make a “Seeking RP partners” post here on the forums. May make you some new friends!
  2. Keep an eye out for server events and go to them. Then make friends.
  3. Join a guild! When I was with the Vol’kar, I don’t think I sought out/participated in any random walk-up/tavern RP the entire time…because I never felt the need. I was able to get all the amazing RP I could ever want just from guild events and friendships made w/ other guild members.
    Here’s a directory of currently active Horde guilds to help you out:
    WrA Information & Directories (Guilds | Communities | Events)
2 Likes

The RP is out there. It’s not just in cities or taverns. There are people out and about who would more than welcome a walk up. If you only go to taverns, you’ll only experience tavern RP. I bumped into someone out in Voldun who joined me while I was fishing and we shot the sheet.

It’s out there, I can promise you that.

I just spent a couple of hours in the Brawl’gar Arena. Honestly, I spend more time there than the Tail these days- cutting IC business deals and RP’ing this character as a wealthy spectator/patron willing to invest in promising new prizefighters, bribing others to take dives, etc.

I’ve coached people through countless fights (IC and OOC), have made enough Brawler’s Gold to currently have about a dozen VIP passes, and yet she’s never even participated in a single brawl. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with this. And the Warmode bit reminded me of the fact that I have legit had someone whisper me angrily on an alt that they aren’t in Warmode to PvP and to leave them alone.

…which of course makes me pvp them harder until they leave or bring folks to kill me back.

You enter Warmode, you’re asking for it as far as I’m concerned (and that applies to me too I know what I’m getting into in Warmode)

2 Likes

If we had the type of pvp gear we had in WoD I think that it would be pretty good for War Mode. The gear in this expansion is awful in my opinion, I pretty much share all the complaints that everyone else has said. The essences are pretty cool in pve but pvp is made even more wonky.

I do think that War Mode is a good addition to the game in a terrible expansion.

1 Like

WRA will probably always be one of the healthier servers, no matter the expansion. WRA is always dope.

RP-PvP, ehhh, it’s become increasingly more niche. If you want it, you’ll have to try to find it.

1 Like

I don’t know how anyone could see Tamanii’s sunglasses and think this isn’t the best server. Look at the style you can find on Wyrmrest Accord!

There’s a lot of different RP to be had. If the type of RP you want isn’t apparent, then make it so. There’ll be people to join in. The RP community is friendly and diverse.

Certainly wouldn’t suggest the server is “dead” in any way. Hope if you do decide to join us that you enjoy your time and have lots of fun.

2 Likes

The expansion is poo but the server is great.

I’ve been on the server about a year and a half - which isn’t long considering I’ve played since '05 - but I think it seems generally nice. I know people here, anyway. And the Vulpera Hype Caravan community, even if I parted ways with their official guild (that community is what brought me to WrA originally)

I have had some problems, recently, to be honest. Been spit on several times - presumably because of my race. Maybe it’s supposed to be good RP but, when you start being cruel to random people, maybe it’s going a little to far. I just don’t know.

But most people on WrA seem nice enough and I never had any issues playing my Worgen or other non-Vulpera there. They do seem to have numerous events and such. Stumbled upon a Vulpera welcoming event in Durotar just the other day, by accident, but missed most of it (kinda wish that spirit had caught on more elsewhere. Heh)

I dispute the last part of this point.

BFA has had some of my favourite Forsaken RP events ever - the debate series’ and rallys regarding Sylvanas and her rule have been truly impressive, and engaging. Not all rp is tavern rp that’s for sure.

1 Like

It’s doin well! Like some people said, it’s a lil quieter. But theres still plenty of activity. Theres a lot of event discords to join, always check here and tumblr is a great place of event advertisement if you want to know of some stuff happening.
And the more people are negative nancies and drive people away doesn’t help those who feel it’s quiet! Welcome people in, get to know them, make it worth while and find the love and enjoyment you seek.
Theres a lot good advice here, just take it slow. WRA will be here when you wish to give it ago!

I highly recommend you download CrossRP as well !

I see it from both sides how ever.

The extra rewards, gear and abilities in War Mode makes things a lot easier for PVE.

I don’t usually actively PVP, but always have War Mode on for the previously mentioned perks. But of course I’m an opportunist, and won’t turn down a PvP kill if it furthers my quest kill count goals. Else, it’s just wasting my time, and I have better things to do.

But if you really have nothing better to do. By all means, camp that corpse.