How is the rp here? Is horde active?

Hello, I was wondering how active the RP community is these days? Also, how are things horde side? I’d really like to find an active rp community, especially with some pvp on the side if possible.

Any help would be appreciated :pray:

Skimpy compared to Alliance.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely seen how active alliance is and it is definitely impressive. If horse is even a quarter of that I would be happy.

I have a toon there and it’s just a shadow in comparison. Silvermoon is mostly just 10 people sitting around not talking.

Many of the events are Alli based and happen in non neutral areas

It seems that most Horde transferred off or faction changed. It used to be way more lively Horde side than today.

In terms of high pop its MG for Alliance and WrA for Horde as far as RP servers go.

Not sure why Horde died out but I was away for a few years.

1 Like

We’re not as populous as Alliance is right now, but Horde is definitely still here.

We have events each week, and they’re kept on our Event Calendar so that it’s easier to keep an eye on when things happen. The link to that is somewhere amongst the posts here, I’l try to find it.

Outside that, Orgrimmar has its casual bar rp at the Wyverns Tail each night, Silvermoon has its elves, and folks run their own little things usually. Just poke your head around each night and check things out!

6 Likes

Despite the comments, the Horde RP community is still here and doing what we can to turn things around. From a PR push to encourage people to make toons/move to Moon Guard with not having to worry about gold/bags, help with new characters and more to brainstorming community events and even more that I can’t disclose at the moment.

The Coalition of the Horde is an OOC hub for the community and you can find much more in this pinned thread I maintain:

4 Likes

got you fam

6 Likes

Thanks chief. I don’t have the forum rank yet to link things.

4 Likes

Agreed, ignore the naysayers. MG Horde is not as populous but it has a strong community and lots of events. We are much more intimate, familiar with each other, and supportive.

There’s nothing wrong with Alliance if that’s your jazz, but the OP was asking about Horde in particular. If you only play Alliance and haven’t mained MG Horde for years like some of the posters above, then you’re not in a good position to call judgement on it. By all means, if a person asks about Alliance RP then sing its praises to your heart’s content.

MG Horde RP is best spoken for by those that actually play it. We are doing just fine, thank you! Please follow the above links and/or join one of our community groups that will help you meet others.

We would love to have more guilds which would help grow our population.

Any help is much appreciated!

8 Likes

I’d say now’s the best time for Horde RP. Server-level events are on the rise, and guilds, fresh from the recent server event, are showing activity again.

6 Likes

I can’t say what Horde rp is recently, but I’ve consistently heard that WrA is far more balanced in the Horde:Alliance ratio, and MG is very Alliance heavy.
Though it is good to hear that Horde side events are on the rise…

Horde is active - we’re just smaller, less vocal, and different than the Alliance.

We have a calendar with Discord and Twitter integration that’s a good way to keep up with events that’re coming up that Darville posted earlier, managed by yours truly:

It’s true if you come here expecting Alliance or WRA Horde levels of crowding or walk-ups, you’re going to be disappointed, but in some ways our relative smolness makes it easier to find quality and lasting RP.

10 Likes

I have personally attempted to RP on Hordeside fairly recently. It is difficult to find anyone in the city beyond the Wyvern’s Tail. When I tried to whisper people to ask about their guilds I got either no reply or they didn’t seem interested in talking to me. It was very disheartening and the only guild that was interested in having me only had 2 other people in it who barely ever logged on. I even briefly joined the Discord for NMGH listed above but beyond wanting to know what race I’d be choosing there was no more conversation coming my way.

I hope that if you do give Horde a try on MG you are more successful than I was.

Much of the rp that is on the Horde on MG is guild-oriented and plot-focused. While generic walk-up rp in Org is not our strongest suit, don’t let that fool you into thinking there is no Horde rp. One of the best options for Horde rp has always been an rp guild on MG, even when MG Horde was almost 50% of the server’s population. Find an active rp guild, and enjoy.

1 Like

I can attest through my encounters and experiences with Horde RP on my Alliance character, that it does have a strong heartbeat! Walk ups may not be as easy to encounter, but event wise and guild wise, they really do seem to have a lot going on, you just gotta do some digging!

2 Likes

Are there people? Yes.
Are there events? Yes!
Is there Horde RP? YES!

It’s small, but tight-knit. Come have fun! :partying_face::partying_face: :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

I think it’s almost nonexistent and I’ve yet to make a single friend.

1 Like