How is outlaw rogue at pvp?

Hello

I have been struggling with my outlaw rogue in PVP. I feel I die super fast.

I know I am poorly geared but I Have a hunter and warlock with the same gear level and I feel I can dish more damage and also I feel that I am more successful with them in normal bg.

My question is… how is outlaw at PVP? Does it get better after getting a proper gear?

I don’t know about outlaw but I am playing Sin right now and I don’t play as well as I do on my Shaman. I know that Rogues are the better PvP class but I just lack the skill to play them . Maybe that’s the same with you . The rogue class is pretty unique … having to use stealth and position clearly in BG’s etc

Melee is a different animal. You can’t put allies in between you and your target, camp out on a ledge above the fight, etc. Expect to take cleave damage in group fights.

Rogues in particular are much better suited to objectives that aren’t receiving a lot of attention. But if you like to be in a thick of it, I recommend changing to assassination so at least you can spread snares and mortal wounds around.

If you’re insistent about playing outlaw, consider swapping a PvP talent out for the back-up crimson vial.

I haven’t played outlaw this season on my rogue, but apparently folks have said it’s really not in a good spot.

It really needs some sort of bleed imo. It feels like none of the damage sticks in this meta because it’s just 100% physical and no dots.

I’d imagine there are ways to make it fun though. A few seasons ago I had something like a dagger in the back or rezan’s fury that helped a lot against other rogues to prevent restealths from lasting

1 Like

The only good Rogue spec for pvp is Assassination. That might change in the next xpac, but for now, it’s just the way it is. Last time I checked worldofwargraphs, they had outlaw ranked just above holy priest.

That said, you can make anything work with skill and gear.

Outlaw is more fun to play. Assassination is more effective to play. And, wait… there’s only two rogue specs right?

It’s only good in Battlegrounds… the abilities just do not sync well in Arena no matter what class you play with or are playing against. It mostly boils down to our nerfed azerite traits in PvP which take away our burst damage from our gunshots. We have super good control but the damage is too low in Arena to make a dent unless the enemy healer is oom or they mess up big time.

It is super fun in BG’s though because you can use the Outlaw toolkit a whole lot better, and you can engage in more 1v1 fights where Outlaw isn’t all that bad tbh.

You do need to get really high versa and crit like I have though for it to be somewhat enjoyable. I barely play BFA anymore so I don’t have the best gear, but my trinkets make up for my lower agility. With both trinkets proc’d and my decent secondary stats I do briefly turn into a killing machine.