How is outlaw looking in shadowlands?

1. How is looking in terms of fun?
  2. PVP?
  3. PVE?
1 Like

They look to be doing solid in pve. Sub is looking like top in both but there is a numbers tuning that will/could change all of that.

1 Like

Pretty much this 100%. Sub atm is just on fire for both pvp and pve. Though that 1 legendary sub has is making them really op atm. I 100% expect nerfs coming for sub.
Outlaw pve wise will still be great for mythic plus, and with bandit’s guile coming back, it is good on single target as well. Though atm, crippling poisons cannot be applied aoe, but lethal can. (not sure if they wll change or not). Sub has the upper hand for single target.

PvP outlaw is outlaw. Having wound poison back for sure helps it a lot, but the kit compared to sub is just lacking. Sub has more burst and control. Outlaw does have gouge, which is nice, and honestly can pack some burst itself if you get the right rolls, but you will need to work harder as outlaw compared to sub in arenas.

If sub wasn’t looking so damn great, I would honestly roll outlaw just because I enjoy the gameplay.

To get into more specifics that outlaw going for it, A you have gouge and a shorter blind cd. The shorter blind alone is great since it will come off cool down before enemy trinkets comes back.
Outlaw has good pvp talents. Dismantle, plunder armor alone are really good.
Outlaw has gouge, which is great for interrupts and short cc chains.
Outlaw has some unpredictable burst, which can be good or bad. Nothing like rolling and getting god rolls. With the change to between the eyes, you can plunder armor, between the eyes into killing spree (with the shark buff of course) and do some sick burst.
Outlaw also has acrobatic strike which can be really useful in certain situations.

Overall though, sub is just miles ahead. Sub has on demand stuns and burst when you need it. Insane CC, shadowy duel ect. And the damage for sub atm is just incredible.

Can outlaw do well? yea I think it can and I find it to be fun. But sub imo is just better, at least until tuning comes to play.

I think the core of outlaw is fine. It’s the covenants and conduits that are the problem. Unless you already wanted to be a necrolord.

I’m ride or die Outlaw at the start of an xpac as long we are the only ones with Grappling Hook.

1 Like

Dreadblades is also back, so it can pump damage again through dispatch spam.

It is indeed, but it can be a double edged sword. I found myself at least in duels on ptr, I was doing too much damage to myself. Though in an arena kill set up, would well be worth the trade.