How is Grob doing?

Making an alt for Wrath classic, and I was wondering if people could give me a breakdown of how the server is doing in terms of faction balance/general population, LFG quality, guild health, etc. and if Wrath would possibly change any of that (which is a bit loaded ik)

1 Like

Lovely. 49/51 with about 9k loggers per faction.

Chat bustles just right, can usually find what you need at all times.

I would browse warcraft logs for rankings.

Some think that there would be a pile of rerolls alliance for EMFH.
Most are not concerned. Those who care that much about pvp are a very small chunk of the population.
There are also those who will reroll to the minority faction if it tips, for the sake of the server.

ty for the response!

I was planning on going horde. Coming from Faerlina, Iā€™m not deadset on WPvP but it would be nice to see an alliance player lol.

Iā€™ll give it a go, thanks!

As an Aus player, I would like to ammend this statement to ā€œat all reasonable timesā€. I can almost never find a group for anything, but thatā€™s not really grobs fault, thatā€™s just my fault for playing at 2-10am server time.

1 Like

The slow periods are nice though, quiet chance for dailies and questing with less grief.

I usually play friday-sunday 5am server until I feel like doing something else.

Iā€™m always down to do heroics, bgā€™s, raid or whatever. Hit me up sometime if you feel like doing something. (Only heal though)

Grobbulus is full, please stop transferring here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My friends and I made some ally (I wanted horde desperately, but they wouldnā€™t budge) and the experience so far has been great :smiley:

But yā€™all are the last bastion of PvP, and man going from RP servers in retail to PvE megaservers is tough D:

1 Like

The only reason Grobbulus is as good as it is is because of the concentrated efforts from both Emerald Dream and Wyrmrest Accord at the beginning of Classic. Now the server is nearly 3x its original population, and nearly every single person thatā€™s transferred refuses to acknowledge that this is an RPPvP server, not a PvP server.

Every effort to prevent Grob from becoming a megaserver has been a waste. It was certainly fun while it lasted. Looking forward to the 10+ hour queues at the launch of Wrath.

2 Likes

I come from an RP server on retail, and finally being able to see/interact with RP in classic has been a huge highlight

Megaservers are just kind of an inevitable result of player numbers dropping off. Realms die, people donā€™t want to xfer to a realm at risk of dying, population inflates.

Not really an issue anymore thanks to layers.

Yet I still canā€™t get groups for 60-70 dungeons on my alt. :sweat_smile:
I know, everyone is busy with Sunwell and Isle.

2 Likes

Population is okayā€¦ but as far as finding leveling groups it is tough. Most people are either boosting or raid-logging SWP so it can be a little tough depending on when you are online.

1 Like

Naw, better than it has been. Seeing vanilla groups in LFG again, everyone leveling from wotlk hype.

I got ganked outside of SFK. Felt magical.

2 Likes

Is it possible to farm or is that just as bad as everywhere else?

I mean, you have a 50/50 chance itā€™s somebody you can fight for the node rather than layer upon layer of your own faction.

So not too bad. Obvious farming groups everywhere but this is any server.

1 Like

I can deal with that. I just came back after having not really played much since around SSC/TK release to a total ghost town of a server. Just farming and doing daily quests but its just empty here.

Itā€™s pretty great here for both factions, definitely worth a look.

No harm in rolling a level 1 alt or banker and using that to check it out first.

It is good and balanced