How is feral feeling right now in Pve?

It’s been a hot minute since I’ve picked up my feral for pve and I’ve been thinking about getting back Into it.

My question is how does feral feel right now? Are the numbers okay? Does the rotation feel decently fluid? Are we going to be denied everytime we want to do m+ or raiding? Like I said it’s been a minute.

3 Likes

Upper end of middle of the pack, and the difference between a Green and Orange parse is ~1k dps. So overall pretty great.

I’m enjoying after playing Balance the last few months. DPS is solid and the rotation feels pretty fluid with the right essences. The biggest problem is being melee without any significant utility that a Boomkin doesn’t also provide while being ranged dps.

Feels great! Very strong single target damage, great burst AoE with the right talents.

I mean that’s all up to you. You have to grind up the M+ score & find a guild that will bring a Feral. Melee spots are limited in all forms of content so if you can’t handle being denied then no melee spec will work for you.

feral is strong

After playing Boomie all last tier I’m really enjoying getting back into the kitty side of things.

High ilv ferals are insane right now in a good way :wink:

I want to learn kitty but i cant seem to get the hang of it.

Did feral get buffed?

Everyone says “they suck” in mythic+ still. People keep teasing me cause i play feral.

It is threads like this which is perpetuating a false impression. Ferals are totally fine.

Not me. Im a feral and a ton of players tease me about my dps ( mainly healers and ilevel 430s ).

They did not buff feral in 8.2. However feral is very gear dependant and since the new stuff is high ilv… Well, it makes kitties happy.
Sometimes I’m at 100% crit. Haste is high so energy regen isn’t a problem anymore. Some essences work so well for cats too. (ST and AoE)

I’m at ilv419 and simming at almost 29k. I really want to hit that 30k mark.

To be honest I can’t recommend getting into feral at the moment. Don’t get me wrong we do alright and I have a mythic raid spot but with the neck essences further homogenizing dps specs feral is just a cumbersome mess… At least for what you get in terms of dps.

You bring no unique utility (except a mass sprint) you still have to choose between a cleave spec and a single target spec and weave a manual buff onto all your bleeds and finishers. For all that effort you’ll be mid pack if you’re playing with people your gear level and skill level.

If you really love kitty it’s good enough but we need some love (Though tbh I don’t know what I’d change…)

No, we’ve been at the same spot for quite a while, again it’s just bad perception.

Essences certainly have helped a lot, but we’ve had no damage buffs in a while.

Feral is in a good spot and all around fun right now, tbh.

I’m seeing some really high simulation number from some ferals. I’m balance and our raid feral is certainly competitive on most fights.

ferals in my guild are DPSing +15s and parsing top 3 DPS throughout heroic and mythic raids. The rotation is the most engaging in the game as well.

Are the warlocks, boomies, Spriests, and Eles afk or does your raid not have any?

Feral is within a very small margin of the specs you mentioned, not sure what you’re getting at. Feral is doing pretty good right now.