How is everyone's honor grind going?

nice…

yeah

nice

Top on horde was apparently 140k. A guy named Crunchy from Mastermind got it. 2nd and 3rd were Zith and Travels, also from Mastermind, though I don’t know their exact honor totals.

Yeah, there’s no way I’ll ever reach those levels. Good thing PvE gear is king.

Well yes, but actually no. It all depends on what you’re talking about, in the end.

For instance, R14 weapons are bis for the entirety of classic for us rogues, so it behooves us to go for them. At the same time, R13 epic gear isn’t as good as later PvE gear for us rogues, but it IS better than PvE gear for other classes, like priests and most casters iirc.

Man, I was just trying to save a fellow hordie last night in Felwood and you got me! :joy: Not that you remember all your kills, you were famous in general chat

2 Likes

Well I made Sergeant. Now I gotta remember where to go to get PvP trinket.

EDIT: Honestly when I saw my standing, the actual number, I got a sick feeling. I am either about to start playing this game a whole lot, or I am going to quit to try and save my life.

2 Likes

You’re here forever. Enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Remember, each week, you lose 20% of your rank points. The more you earn, the more you lose!

I don’t think this is a viable way to seriously rank. You guys may just want to chill a bit for BGs or do WPvP for the thrill of it (versus for ranking).

1 Like

Very true charax

I like to leave my room sometimes so I will not be pushing rank. For those of you that are pushing rank, take a shower.

2 Likes

Rank 136 not to shabby

you hit 60 in 2 weeks daniel!

1 Like

finished first week with 120K honor , solo farming is pretty legit. Hitting 28-35k a day if i bust @ss

Beckett is basically right, PVP gear is BIS in many situations (not necessarily all pieces/full sets) but certain piece combos if the Marshal/Warlord gear mixed with PVE gear are BIS until AQ 40.

I would argue the gap between the epic PVP gear and PVE gear doesn’t widen considerably until late AQ40/Naxx. Even then when it does widen, it’s predominantly due to late AQ40/Naxx grade weapons.

For example, mage ideally wants 2 piece Marshal set (boots as they’re +spellpower and +hit are amazing). Ringo’s Blizzard boots drop in BWL and are obviously great for frost, but I’ve your into AQ/Naxx most mages are Fire.

The Netherwind set itself is actually rather bad. Most of the individual pieces aren’t great by themselves, and the major/powerful set bonus it has is on the 8 piece…which gives you a proc chance upon casting Fireball or Frostbolt to cast the next one instantly.

Obviously, you can create some really murderous burst if you get a lucky proc…even more so if you are running as PoM/Frost…

For casters, Nefarian weapons are roughly comparable to HWL gear. That doesn’t mean that HWL weapons still aren’t BiS over PVE weapons for PVP burst (ie. Looking at you 2handed sword).

Comparing Staff of Shadowflame vs HWL/GM staff or HWL/GM spellblade vs Claw of Chromag it’s just not a prudent/realistic time investment unless you are super dedicated.

think ive gotten corpse camped more today than my entire classic life

Had a not so good day today myself. Think I had about 15-20k honor by the end of it.

Didnt get corpse camped because Im a rogue obviously, but the usual spots didnt work as well tbh.

But I knew Id slow down after last week. That push was mostly just for the experience. Not expecting to have 25-30k days going forward lol.

Good… 10 words

Stupid rogues get outa my harbor.

Although killed plenty of horde there. Its really annoying how easy it is to get and occupy the boat compared to the Zeppelin.

2 Likes

1 Like

Ugh BG’s are about to make this experience so damn grindy. Box PvP is just going to be AFKers who are r12+ who don’t know how to play the game just like Arena players were. I really enjoyed that you could bust out 10k honor in 2 hours instead of the MASSIVE bg grind where no matter how much skill and individual effort you put fourth it’s just about time put down. You don’t even need to play to get honor.

1 Like