How is Convoke still fair?

That’s about the size of it.

2 Likes

I have been finding bear convoke (with balance affinity and heart) to be decent against bad and medium players. I think that people assume a guardian druid is not going to have much in the way of burst but if they leave me alone and focus on my teammates I can open up with 100k dmg in 4 second convoke.

1 Like

Shhhh no one else needs to know the secret

2 Likes

I like convoke. I call it the ‘Everything button’. It casts like every spell and even triggers the community. Ahhhh the everything button, may you never change!!

6 Likes

To make convoke go that big your setting it up with eclipse, cooldowns, probably investing other things with your teammate for the distance and to single out your target…

And ALL that can be undone with any stun or interrupt.

Convoke is great fun, but it’s not the be all end all harmtouch* people think it it.

*thats right, I went there.

1 Like

Harm touch isn’t the be all end all either. Lots of that damage is loaded into a lingering DoT :wink:

Its being discovered more and more by people. Convoke being a broken spell is only because starsurge gets so over inflated in that window. It’s the same reason why kyrian boomkins are blasting people.

They need to move some of the damage from starsurge into other parts of the kit. I wouldn’t mind our dots being better. Or wrath and starfire being more enticing to cast. I’ve been wanting to play necrolord since they announced the ability. But it just doesn’t perform as well because of so much built into starsurge.

1 Like

RNG is the worst thing you can have in PVP which is why convoke and divine toll are considered the most brainless abilities.

Right now its not, one of the only 1 button spells that can do upwards of 100k damage… but also fail miserably too

Mastery cooldown stacking isn’t fair either, same reason Rets/WW do unhealable damage at times by themselves (like both get close to 100% increased damage with cooldowns up)

Convoke needs consistency and changing it to be a builder may help deal with the unfairness, but don’t go complaining after when the druid still kills you with 2-3 normal starsurges in a row playing normally

This is already happening since the top Boomkins are going Kyrian

It’s so unfair that I’m leveling a boomkin. If you can’t beat em join em. I just had the worst Druid kill me twice in a bg bc someone else stunned me and they casted convoke and I check my logs and it’s like this

Starfall 1,789
Starsurge 14,609 (critical)
Moonfire 901
Starsurge 8,019 (2,367 overkill).

This was all under 1 second. I went from 75% to 0 in literally a blink of an eye and that happens like 75% of the time. I feel like they need to add more meaningless spells to balance convoke so it’s at least less likely to one shot you or take starsurge out. Just let it do starfall, moonfire, sunfire, roots, and replace starsurge with wrath maybe

You died because you were out played in a 2v1 scenario.

Convoke is already at the mercy of RNG for what spells it casts
Convoke is easily beaten via many forms of counter play
Convokes power dies down immensely with multiple targets

Convoke is only good against bad players. So let me reiterate. Convoke didn’t kill you. Being stuck in a stun without (or being unable to), breaking free from that stun killed you. Especially in a 2v1 setting. You were dead to start with

So you’re happy when convoke becomes completely harmless…lol :+1:

1 Like

Said the Monk. Your class needs some nerf too.

1 Like

This.

I am admittedly bad at this druid. I rolled it because I have a problem with alts and I can never get geared because I’m constantly rolling a new character and feel like a druid being 4 playstyles in one may keep my add under control.

That being said. I’m still learning boomkin in pvp. But my convoke, rarely goes off in full or does huge damage. My gear is garbo so that’s a part of it and I don’t have the leggo yet. But I’m constantly being interrupted or stunned the moment I pop convoke. So quick people must have an add on that watches for it.

Almost all the tippy top rated boomkins are all Kyrian instead of Night Fae. Feels like better players rarely die from it.

Seeing it from the perspective of the druid rather then my hunter for instance it’s not as bad as I originally thought. Rets/monk/mage still hit harder imo.

1 Like

Nobody ever says:

“Man, that convoke only cast rejuv, moonfire, sunfire, 2 more moonfires, and a wrath before I interrupted it off the GCD. What a useless ability.”

I guess it’s only worth commenting on when they win the lottery.

Its interesting to see doomkins also getting the flak of being op without any counter play; and also people not noticing that its heavily RNG dependent.

mage callout is justified as its another ability that only takes really 1gcd to function.

Ret paladins are also in that RNG dependent category, but with like 6 gcds of them glowing bright enough to be seen from orbit before the damage finally hits.

it seems like there wasn’t a lot of testing to see if Burst reliant classes were going to be balanced for PvP, then again hasn’t the PvP community been complaining about the lack of care from Blizzard over the last 4-6 years.

thats also the same issue why convoke needs to be changed completely

have an ability that goes from killing an entire team in 1 button to doing nothing at all, it also completely overshadows most other covenant skills in doing WAY too much for one ability (like closest would be paladin’s Ashen but that’s also an ability I wish would get 1/2 cd/dmg in general)

the ability need consistency, not be a crutch

besides its not like druid’s aren’t lethal without it, and many high rated players swear on kyrian being much better in terms of killing power (simple 90+ power into triple starsurge)

2 Likes

Two words: it’s not.

Right now im pretty sure more specs can one shot than specs that cant so might as well let druids do it too /shrug