How is Classic looking? BFA any better?

I’ve been away since before the beta for BFA because I saw how awful the expansion was going to be and dear god I’m glad I’ve sat this eff-fest of an expansion out. This company is eff-tarded to the max.

Is 8.2 looking any good?

Is Classic being at all kept sacred and not having a bunch of modern BS shoved into it? Will communities be allowed to exist or did sharding make it in along with reporting?

Since you have been gone BFA got worse.

Classic is gonna be epic!

They’re talking about doing sharding in the starting zones in order to keep the number of total servers lower than needed to accommodate the tourist rush.

I see the logic in it, but I really don’t like it…

Outside of that Classic WoW is very much 100% “NO CHANGES”, and remains so.

Front page of this forum has the updates on Classic WoW if you’re interested.

5 Likes

Pretty sure there’s a bunch of stickies that explain everything.

3 Likes

What an interesting first post you have sir and or ma’am. As for your other questions, we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

I don’t keep up with BFA so shrug haven’t played wow since October.

Yes.

It’s not confirmed but they are looking at using it for the launch.

I mean reporting was always a thing. Do you mean right click report with automated punishments? No word on that.

1 Like

regardless of them not changing debuffs to 6 tell it was released and 1.12 AV, Classic is still better atm

Loot trading in raids only, possibly sharding in low level zones for a short time at launch, right click reporting.

That’s the basic list of modern stuff we’re potentially getting at the moment.

For every thing else, consider it 1.12.

This is the only forum I can post in. Blizzard is not getting a dime of my money until they stop effing around and make a good product worth paying for again. I miss the players though.

Well good is 100% subjective, not saying i don’t disagree with you but some people may even think Diablo immortal is good, i mean overwatch seems to have done great in sales.

There’s a few post around here that can answer your questions better, Reddit also has it’s own classic sub-forums as well.

Honestly most of your fears are already shared, by the lot here, but if you enjoy reading you got your work cut out for you. Here’s a good place to start before you touch the search bar.

1 Like

I heard retail is actually dying now because of BFA lol…if I go back I might just see the new raid and new zone content and that’s about it. Not even gonna touch retail PvP anymore

Yeah I’ve seen nothing but abject disgust for the state of retail on Reddit and Twitter for months, and nothing but BS from Ion and Lore on everything. So glad they haven’t gotten any of my money since Legion. Legion wasn’t the best, but it was a damn good expansion that reignited my love for the game. I played WoD from start to finish, and supported them through Cata and MoP… I just couldn’t do it again for BFA.

I considered this briefly just to find out where the story went after the hour I spent lvling in BFA.

Legion did a lot of things right. (MM HUNTERS NOT AMONG THOSE, BUT I’M NOT SALTY OR ANYTHING!) That said, from what I’ve heard is BFA tried to take everything Legion did and copy it like people wouldn’t notice and mix it with a lot of subpar activities.

BfA is better than it started, but for anyone who hated it to begin with, they probably still won’t care for it through 8.1.5. The Battle for Dazar’alor raid is fantastic though.

8.2 does look like it could be a very big improvement though, so I’m a little bit optimistic that it could provide some fun.

1 Like

What exactly are they improving? In what way?

6? It was 8 originally and it was made into 16 halfway through Vanilla’s patch cycle. Besides, 8 debuffs is “changes” from 1.12. The only thing 8 debuffs does is tell Shadow Priests and Retribution Paladins to go screw themselves. Glad they are, so far, sticking with 16.

16 just degrades classic because it makes raid bosses die faster, faster bosses =/= original experience of classic. Everyone who wanted classic originally wanted the 8 (recently seen 6 and was kind of confused) and even the more vocal people would rather have 8 because it feels more authentic.

Oh, come on. 8 more DoTs isn’t going to make bad raids all that much easier or give most encounters that would have wiped an easy win. “Degrades Classic”, lol. Not to mention we’ll be using 1.12 talent points to it’s not a 1:1 thing anyway.

I just don’t think outright excluding several DPS specs that rely on their DoT slot is worth making the bosses survive a few more minutes.

Everything should be as close to vanilla in terms of gameplay as humanly possible.

Part of what made mages strong iirc was that their debuffs took minimal slots and stacked.

Might not be a huge deal, especially when you consider that the average player will likely be better than back then, but the core audience will basically be looking to replay the game they played back then, or missed out on.

It seems like we might be getting content in the new zones that could be more dynamic than the world quests have been. That would go a long way for me as the WQs are quite bland. This isn’t confirmed, however.