How? Honestly

My spriest is now ~234 PvP ilvl and I have no clue how people deal damage on this class vs melee cleaves in arena, or even classes like hunter bm or mm. My damage feels like it’s a wet noodle. I’m not sure if it’s just gear but come on. I’m burning defensives fast and early. Popping void making it instant to help get out damage and higher dots. Using vamp embrace with my burst cds. Anyone else struggling to do much? Shadow lock every time it’s up off cd so I try to shield and just run for a bit.

Void origins is almost always a bait, getting kicked outside of voidform is pretty whatever compared to getting stopped when you’re already doing damage. You should almost always play greater fade and psyfiend, especially after the health buff it received after season 1. Then I think volley Vs melee is ok but there are better picks Vs most things. Driven to madness is incredible.

Your filler spells are VT and Dispel. Dispelling a buff generates 6 insanity, the same as flay would. You barely ever press flay, and in voidform you don’t even risk getting kicked on casted spells and just pump your bolts and plagues and fill with dispels or other instants.

Void Torrent is absolutely a playable talent unless you’re expecting to be tunnelled endlessly by melee cleaves.

Don’t be averse to sitting at or near 100 insanity if you have damage CDs coming up and are getting ready for a go.

Mind control is your friend, it can peel damage from you, force trinkets from overzealous melee dps, and get kicks out of the way so you can’t be stopped when you actually want to do damage.

That definitely gives me some new ideas and things I wasn’t doing. I haven’t built my legendary yet either which someone was saying is the reason my damage sucks? Idk seems like I should be doing much more damage for my ilvl.

Get the necro legendary it’s around 25% of my dmg during burst if you add the unholy nova and mage pet dmg together.

And you’re ilvl is really low as ilvl is everything in dhadowlands and I believe gives a hidden modifier to damage aside from stats.

Pallid command is a massive part of your burst and overall damage. Massive.