How hard is it to get a tank and healer while leveling and end game?

I usually play as a healer, but I am debating on leveling a mage in classic (no 60s yet. Just starting). My wife is leveling a Warlock alongside me. Will we have trouble finding support roles for groups?

Yes. Quite a bit of trouble. But it’s not impossible. Good luck.

3 Likes

Not hard at all I mean, just post in the looking for group channel. Alternatively you can join a social leveling guild

you could always just quest

Of course. We definitely will be, but you gotta do dungeons sometime. Lol

no u dont. not trying to be rude u literally dont tho

How do you not? Dungeon quests and loot. End game becomes even more about dungeons and raids.

yea but u can get to 1-60 without them

1 Like

Obviously it is possible. I am just trying to find out how difficult it would be to get a group going.

depends on server i guess

I play on two servers, one big, one small. On the large server, it is not at all difficult for leveling or end game. On the small server, it is a little difficult while leveling, but it is easy for end game dungeons.

Good luck getting to 60 without at least some dungeon quests. There aren’t enough quests in the game to level to max as is. You’ll end up having to grind mobs Korean style or log off and collect enough tested exp.

If you play during peak times there shouldn’t be issues getting dungeons. There are some spotty areas, like Alliance almost never does Blackfathom Depths or Shadowfang Keep and RARELY either of the Razorfen dungeons because they’re very out of the way. They also (rightfully) hate Gnomeregan with a passion so after Deadmines and Stockades there’s a bit of a dungeon drought until Scarlet Monastery. Mara and everything after that should be no big deal.

IDK how it works on Horde. They have easier access to a lot of dungeons so I assume it’s not a problem.

As a mage and warlock duo, however, you can fill in a LOT of questing and dungeon gaps with AoE leveling, which provides a fair amount of loot and experience. Plenty of guides for it floating around.

3 Likes

Honestly, you can grind out 1-60 with just quests.

On the horde server I’ve been playing on I haven’t had a problem finding a group at peak times for just about any dungeon.

You can also join a guild early to make the process much smoother.

You should jump in.

1 Like

At this points dungeons are mostly ignored outside a few quests to get attunments.

Catch up gear is in zg and soon to be aq20. You’ll be decked out quickly as not many people need those items.

If I were you, I wouldn’t play classic this late in the game. You’re looking at an up hill battle of playing with terrible guilds and accomplishing very little. Classic isn’t a game you just pop into and start playing. You have to have credibility and good gear. If you don’t have these things you’ll at best be on the bottom of a the bench roster.

2 Likes

I got to 60 with a few zones leftover. It depends on how much you skip - I did all of them

1 Like

One thing I’ll mention is that it depends on how you tend to look for groups.

One way is to just keep a loose eye on LFG for groups going to dungeons you’re at level for. In this case you’ll need to jump fast because a 5-man group only needs 3 DPS and by the time a group is looking for more, there’s a high chance they’ve got at least 2 DPS (and no tank or healer). And if the tank comes with a DPS, you might find a group would rather lose the two of you than the tank.

Your best hope here is to find a leveling guild and/or actively work the social side to make friends with tanks and healers, and prove yourself highly desirable DPS in early dungeons so some might look for you when they want a dungeon.

The other way is to decide you want to do a dungeon and spend time trying to get a group together. This one can take more work, but as you’re the ones looking, you start with looking for tank, heal, and DPS. You do have a couple of selling points with mage/warlock, which are free water for the healer and summons once you have a third player at the dungeon.

===

Separate from that, be selective about the realm you choose. Some are really rough for players who aren’t max level.

I’ll also add that, from what I understand, a PvE server is a bit better for grouping vs a PvP server. So if groups are really important to you roll PvE.

Healers are plentiful, but tanks are hard to find.

It’s never quick and easy but it depends on the server. It seems some servers are very difficult with most people doing paid boost. On Bloodsail there are almost no paid boosts and finding a group isn’t terribly hard.

You can also find a healer or tank friend while leveling. If you can make a friend they’ll take you along as the dps when they’re forming a group