How does WPvP balance feel playing Alliance on Sulfuras?

I been looking to reroll on a new server, and I narrowed my choices down to 2 realms. Based off census stats, this is one of the more balanced EST PvP servers. I plan to roll Alliance and just wanted to hear some actual player feedback on how the WPvP experience is. Thanks!

I have seen a fairly even amount of Horde vs Alliance. Some zones like STV and Badlands get lopsided at times but control flips to the other faction fairly frequently. I would not be surprised if Sulfuras is very close to a 50/50 split.

Solid mix of player types on this server. Minimal griefing as far as I’ve experienced or heard.

2 Likes

Server is nearly 50/50 ratio.

1 Like

It’s be pretty even for the most part, however, it seems to be every time I run into Horde that want to fight it’s a full party of them vs. me and my wife; and that reallllly sucks. Last night we were in Thousand Needles passed IDK how many Hordies with zero issues until we decided to run down to Gadgetzan to get the flight path. When we were about 50 yds from the mountain trail, there was a group of Horde that were smoked us and then proceeded to corpse camp us for the better part of an hour. It was frustrating to say the least.

Also this isn’t my main; I was too lazy to change it off of my mage alt.

1 Like

I’ve found questing in Hillsbrad to be nearly unbearable, meanwhile neighboring Arathi is usually okay.

I’m all for WPvP - hence rolling on a PvP server - though it’s annoying when the current combat system treats all PvP combat as a level playing field (being higher level doesn’t in any way advantage you other than having higher DPS output or more total health than your opponent - you’re no more likely to dodge, parry, resist, or be missed by a lower level character) and so being in a zone where your enemy faction is routinely traveling in groups of 2 or 3 means getting CC’d and Ganked is pretty much constant.

That being said, the overall population of the server is great and neither faction seems deficient in people to quest with and perform dungeons. Like others have noted, some zones (like STV and Arathi) routinely flip which faction has the upper hand in the PvP scene even if zones like Hillsbrad are consistently lopsided with packs of Horde camping major quest zones and swarming/zerging opponents.

1 Like

Not bad at all. Horde are mostly carebear in my level range it seems.
pretty solid server imo.

1 Like

So you’ve thought about rolling on Sulfuras, huh?

Well, let me just tell you some quick stats.

Realm-First Ragnaros & Onyxia kills were claimed by Alliance on September 16th.
The Horde have a slight population advantage.
The Alliance appears to have more vocal PvP players.
The Horde appears to have more casual players.

The server has a community Discord (EgebS9d invite code) where we host World PvP fights, Guild vs Guild Fights, community events like Hide N Seek, Tournaments, and more.

I recommend the server, I’m invested here and look forward to the next few years of being here.

4 Likes

Great server so far imo. Horde don’t seem too keen on fighting but I was also ahead of the leveling curve and am a hunter so usually had the awareness advantage (track humanoids, speed, etc). I’ve rarely been engaged on by horde but I imagine as more hit 60 and p2 comes along it will get wild

1 Like

I’ve only been attacked once or twice by a solo Alliance player. All other instances have been from groups of Alliance.

I know it’s an issue for both sides, but I kinda resent that hardly anyone PvPs unless they think they have a sure win.

1 Like

Im horde here and I love it, I agree although, in Hillsbrad it seemed like we outnumbered the alliance most of the time in big fights, although they were always higher lvl than us, we whooped them. I’ts been pretty even in Arathi. Haven’t been in STV yet though. All in all, healthy server, Im having fun

1 Like

While true, in my experience the alliance seem to run from Wpvp fights that break out giving the illusion to alliance players that horde is the dominant faction.

Horde always seem far more eager to drop everything and join a fight regardless who started or with what numbers.

1 Like

Horde seem to have a slight pop advantage but im seeing more alliance participate in pvp. I think most of us were just trying to get some gear before even bothering with it.

1 Like

I see alliance players here saying how they rarely get attacked or saying how theres not a lot of grieving. Weird.
I havent met a lot of horde in the server who doesnt want to kill me. I’m a passive/defensive pvper and mostly interested in lvl 60 pvp but more often than not, a horde would always want to attack me when they have the chance.
One example is me and about 3 of my friends farming elementals in arathi with 1 lone horde lower level than us. We minded our own business even helping out the horde player when he was in a bind. Few minutes later more of his friends arrive and without fail, he started attacking us and camped us. Yes. Im salty. Im having ptsd from open wpvp.

1 Like

Overall, i think its a great server! I had to reroll right from the beginning being on Faerlina which i got booted once and then had insane queue times. I’ve had my fair share of kills and deaths. My only real bug is, being a solo mage most of the time i’m usually attacked by multiple Horde players or they wait until I’m engaged in AOE grinding, which honestly is a little lame in my opinion. I’ve come across Horde grinding AOE and let them be since i know that holding that down can sometimes be a challenge do to resist.

All that being said I highly recommend this server! And also happy to welcome another Alliance player :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can backup some of what is being said here. Horde seems to always want to fight, which is cool as 1v1, but I usually hand their butt to them (rogue). Then they inevitably come back with an army to get revenge; a great example being shimmering flats in thousand needles. 3 nights in a row now I’ve encountered a bunch of Horde solo who get mad and come back with a raid party of what feels like everyone in the zone just to kill little old me.

Add to that, I had some jerk ?? priest on the boat from Ratchet to Booty Bay last night that was riding it in circles, and mind controlling any Ally on the boat and jumping them off right before the zone swap to make them swim back 15 minutes to shore. Wish I had remembered this guys name because he’d be on my KoS list; prompted me to go download the character notes mod for future encounters with jerks like this.

1 Like

TLDR - it is one of the most balanced servers.

“There are good people on both sides” :wink:

2 Likes

seems to be little pockets of both Horde and Alliance wandering around here and there ganking but overall a healthy balance IMO

2 Likes