How does the WoW community feel about Guild Wars 2?

Do you think it compares favorably to WoW? I enjoy some aspects of it, but the combat seems fairly sloppy. The open world focus is amazing compared to WoW’s Mythic+, Raid, or die. WoW’s gameplay is hands down superior, but the dead open world game breaks my heart.

1 Like

I tried GW2, it wasn’t for me. I got bored and end game felt directionless, for me. I prefer to do difficult content rather than endless grinds.

4 Likes

It’s different, and that’s okay.

2 Likes

the jump puzzles are fun. only thing I liked about that game honestly.

2 Likes

GW2 has some of the best ground mounts I’ve ever used in a MMO other then that I didn’t care for it.

1 Like

I’m honestly surprised people don’t compare WoW to Runes of Magic. Its always FF14 or GW2

1 Like

I sunk a lot of hours into the first Guild Wars. When GW2 dropped, I played it on launch. I didn’t like it too much.

I haven’t played in years, has it changed much since it’s initial release?

Dabbled with it. I’d place it as a contender against ESO as a distant 3rd or 4th place MMO but with FFXIV and WoW clearly being the behemoths and top dogs.

1 Like

I found it unbelievably boring.

2 Likes

I like popping into it every now and then to do some story and maybe farm for some stuff, and their holiday events can be fun. I like that as long as you log in once every couple months you get the story chapters for free. It can’t keep my attention for an extended time though.

I also just feel the lore isn’t as strong as WoW, despite the IP being around for almost 20 years.

I like it more than FFXIV but that’s just because FFXIV’s aesthetic doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

I agree. GW2 has zero memorable characters.

1 Like

I don’t think about gw2

1 Like

its fun. wvw is really fun. it’s a good non commitment game

1 Like

Never played. My husband did and he didn’t like it so I never bothered.

WoW is better becoz of no loading screens except when you use portal.

It’s different, had a fun play through durng SL years (along with many other games as I avoided wow during the totality of the SL expansion). Combat is fun, classes and professions are fun, and the way they do progression is quite different.

GW2 is worth your time. Buy to play, no sub and a whole lot of fun and a pretty chill community (in my experience).

If you havn’t tried it and might be interested id say go for it.

But I do like what WoW is doing with DF and that’s why I am here haha.

I just couldn’t get into it when I tried it. There didn’t seem to be any direction in the open world content and I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. I guess there are probably online guides but never had the desire to search them out.

GW2 was fun when I played it.
It started weird getting used to the [block/dodge/inturrupt] mechanics. But, once you got used to it it wasn’t all that hard to do.

Open-world dynamic events were pretty awesome the 1st few times.

“Oh no this town is being overrun by naughty centaurs! I will go help them!”
5 minutes later
“Oh, Come on guys! I just saved your village and now you are overrun again?”

1 Like

Never got into it.

I tried it for a time some years ago… And I honestly can’t remember anything of significance about it beyond not liking how the “town” outfits on the gals looked kinda like frilly anime stuff.

I guess it just wasn’t a memorable experience.