How does the trust link system work?

I previously was able to post links in forums with no problem, however when I attempted to include a link today I was informed that I was unable to do so. Needlessly to say, I am very confused, especially because I can’t even find a reason for the change.

I know it’s been a while since I’ve included a link and I haven’t been on the forums as much as I used to. I’ve mainly popped in and looked at updates for the threads I’m following, while sometimes adding my own.

Did you have BFA SL Legion beta? If so, you were automatically given TL3 for years because they forgot about it, but they apparently changed that recently.

I guess the thinking was, “We want our beta testers to be able to include images to report bugs and stuff.” I don’t know why they didn’t just allow images in the beta forums.

1 Like

I did not have BfA or SL beta.

What about legion or DF beta? I think you have whatever beta this was since your profile says b-license then numbers and letters.

Yes. I was in the Legion beta.

Oh nice that might have been it for a long time, I don’t know for sure which one it was but I think that is what happened.

I have to admit that while it’s something, I find it hard to believe that it’s the case. It’s just feel rather random to me that I was able to share links with zero issues and then suddenly I am unable to do so.

After Actiblizz was purchased by Microsoft, they gained access to the megacorp’s global databases, which track you in fifty million different ways and assign a corporate social credit score to your real life identity and government social security number.

tl;dr Microblizz knows about that thing you did, that you didn’t want anyone to know about. They know about it and they’re judging you for it RIGHT NOW by reducing your trust level on a barely-used forum for a single one of their IPs.

What kind of links? When they switched to these new forums years ago, Youtube and Wowhead links were available to everyone, and that was eventually taken away without the higher trust level. I think wowhead links still work for everyone, but I don’t think Youtube links work anymore without TL3.

Links from Warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Warcraft_Wiki
In case you weren’t away, it’s where the folks at wowpedia moved to after splitting from FANDOM.

If you haven’t been around much you probably just have to read/post/like enough to catch up. I Suggest one of the long lounge threads, or the tail thread.

If you’ve had a silence or suspension recently, you cannot start gaining trust level until six months past its expiry.

2 Likes

Based off of this, it seems my reduced time on the forums caused me to lose trust levels and thus my inability to post links. I have to admit that I find that rather bizarre that we can lose trust on inactivity.

3 Likes

I lost my R3 after having it for a number of years (and I’ve done multiple Beta tests). While my activity went down slightly over the last month due to health issues, I was still on quite frequently, so I was quite confused. However, if they want to stop me from posting my cute jpegs and youtube links, that’s up to them I guess. Doesn’t stop me from typing.

3 Likes

Yea what you said is correct.

I took a 6 month break last year and I think I came back to no T3. Then I got it again about 2 months ago but besides a few images haven’t really had a use for it.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming.

1 Like

Blizz should just copy the FF forums, I never hear any complaints about how those are run.

Or just make things more confusing:
Trust level 0 - Posts can’t contain the letters B,D,R or the numbers 4 or 7.
Trust level 1 - On Tuesday, maintenance ends an hour earlier for you then everyone else.
Trust level 2 - All flags against you turn into likes after 1 hour.
Trust level 3 - 50% off Dominoes 2 topping thin crust pizza, see terms and conditions. (not valid in Utah, Texas and parts of New Mexico)
Trust level 4 - You can name an alt for forum use, telling everyone what your trust level is.

(Ordering a pizza with anchovies or pineapple will cause you to go down 1 trust level, ordering both on same pizza… that’s never happened, but punishment should be severe, like what happened to Ramsay Bolton on GOT.)