How does raid reset work?

hi, confused on how raid timer/reset works…been looking at raidreset dot com, so MC resets weekly, so my question is:-

1. my next entry is 7 days from my last entry OR
  2. if reset happens on wednesday, I can go on Tuesday, and again Wednesday after the reset?
  3. it says ZG/AQ20 reset every 3 days, so what’s the difference between raid and zg boosters who enter 30 times a day before lockout?

tyvm

Pretty sure it’s every Tuesday at 10 OR after the scheduled maintence. Regardless of what time you did it.

1 Like

Raids that reset every 7 days will always reset on Tuesday morning at like 10 or whatever. So mc/bwl/aq40/naxx will always follow that. You can do the raid on Monday then again on Tuesday, but then you’ll have to wait until the following Tuesday to go back. So yes on your #2 (except it’s Tuesday instead of Wednesday).

You can reset a raid ID if you haven’t killed any bosses. So you can clear the trash and reset to get the trash back. But the moment you kill a boss you are locked to that instance ID.

For ony (which has a 5 day reset) and zg/aq20 (3 day reset), they too reset on their own time table. So if zg resets Thursday then you can do zg on Wednesday and then again on Thursday after the reset. Then you’ll have to wait until Sunday to enter a fresh raid again.

wow, thanks, very good info :slight_smile:
another question, my novatracker shows 2 logs, time of entrance and exit, so for ZG there is a 3 days reset, do they take time of entrance or exit on the 72 hours cooldown?

I believe it’s time of entrance.

if you kill one boss inside a raid you are lock to that id and every time you get in that raid you wont have the bosses you killed alive, mobs do respawn

yes

because they are only killing mobs. they kill the mobs they want, go outside, reset the instance and go back in again