How does Prot fare in World Content?

I want to make a Paladin and use Holy for group content. I don’t really like Ret so I don’t want to bother maintaining Ret gear just to do world content, how does Prot Pally do? Is it slow in solo world content? Cause at least that way I wouldn’t have to carry two sets of weapons.

It kills slower than ret. However, you can pull half the zone and aoe it down and finish near full health. No tank has any issues in world content.

Get 3 glimmer traits and you can prolly do more dps as holy then prot. Go warmode with avenging light and you can even aoe grind pretty well. Just make sure to pull enough mobs to hurt you.

Prolly? Lol. Holy does way more damage than prot. I out dps the other Dps in my group half the time

It’s pretty damn good. You can solo pretty much anything, and it’s a lot or fun to do 10-15% of an assault completion in one pull. You also wind up being a rally point for rare mobs; if you pull, people join you. This offsets their noticeably lower dps to an extent, because there are always people around to help kill stuff.

You can also build around dps somewhat. Seraphim, crucible of flame rank 3, generic dps traits where possible. It won’t make you dps damage but it closes the gap a bit.

Also the Echoing Void corruption. You want that.