How does one find a guild that fits?

I have been playing a long time and as friends have come and gone over the years, I now find myself playing alone. In the old days (TBC) I was in a wonderful guild (Nefarious Order) and had the best time of my life, but since Cataclysm I’ve been flying solo. I was thinking the other day about how, in golf, its fun to play alone, but the best part is shooting a great shot and having someone there to see it so you can reminisce about it. I feel like I’m missing out by not being involved in something larger.

I have a little bit of social anxiety so it’s hard for me to just randomly join a guild, so my question is, with literally 1000s of guilds out there, how do you find the right one? I just want to do mythic plus up to 15 but never quite make the timer or to get 11/12 H, but never quite finish AOTC. Most of all though, I want to share in the experience with others. I’d really appreciate any ideas as to how I might find a place for me. All the best!

For me, It was joining a guild that was planning to raid times that worked for me (whether thats 2 days 3 days etc.) I can get shy, so I looked for smaller guilds that emphasized friendliness personally.

I found a wonderful one at the beginning of the xpac, but then they stopped raiding after AOTC. But I made a great group of friends from there, and now we have our own guild!

This is our posting - youre welcome to come play with us!