How does mistweaver feel to guys?

Update: can confirm build is jank.

After a bit more of “not sucking” with a normal build I did get around to 14k HPS.

In the open world its a ton of fun. I took my time leveling, did every side quest in the first two zones and will go back and finish the rest now that I’ve finished the campaign. Haven’t done anything more than 2 dungeons yet so I won’t weigh in there. I do look forward to trying different builds, I’m not a fan of following the meta.

3 Likes

i’m really enjoying it, but i’ve also built mine to where i can stay out and just heal. i’m not out to impress anyone by dpsing… maybe later once i outgear stuff, heh.

5 Likes

The people who do this and experiment will do much better anyways. It’s just a damn shame the MW monk community is pretty toxic when it comes to this regard. Especially when the healing is comparable in the end. Do what works for you, we have some solid talent options!

7 Likes

Nah you intentionally were vague then backtracked and covered yourself.

End results were the same as your wowhead AT build (17k) so there isnt even a problem here other than some elitist who cant fathom there are other options/builds. You even needed to make an alt on the US forums to come troll me about it.

Numbers were also not suspicious as I was talking per encounter, and you were talking overall but failed to communicate this. 17-17.5k was literally the end result on most bosses for me too, thus the end result overall is still the same as AT build. In certain fights and situations where mechanics were missed we are able to pump higher numbers, which is what led me to see 20-25 on some boss fights, and upward of 30-37 on some trash. That is on you to believe or not and frankly isnt my problem. Point was OP’s 10k seemed low either way. Either they got a VERY good group or their wowhead ripped AT build isnt covering serious damage.

My fave part of the AT fotm people is when they complain vivify is weak and ignore the talents that buff vivify.

Either way Im done with your trolling lol. Have fun arguing things that literally dont matter.

3 Likes

yeah, i keep Details up showing dps out of habit, but after a chaotic last boss fight in a M0 last night, i flipped it on healing to see how much i was pushing, and it was 17k+. not sure how that compares to others, but i stuck my chest out a bit after seeing it, lol.
:grinning:

2 Likes

17k is about average for a boss fight on mythic it seems, (regardless of build) but if everyone stayed alive and it was fun - you did great :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

yeah i’m old school- my main mission is to keep people alive… i’ll throw a lightning or spin to debuff if needed, but other than that, i’m constantly spamming soothing with the smart healing statue on a 2nd target.

2 Likes

I agree, its very much a “do it this way or you’re wrong and a terrible player” within the MW community and that makes me sad. Monks are about peace and being zen darn it!!

5 Likes

You call me elitist and a troll, yet you are the only one insulting and insinuating - repeatedly, even. Now you are also just backtracking your original comment about having to do 25k overall, back down to the numbers i mentioned. And you call me out for it? what? - also I still, as mentioned before, don’t use Wowhead for guides. Maybe you should consider it though, so you can bring more to your team in dungeons. Also you insinuate again - My character wasn’t created to reply to your post, it’s way older than that. What a self-important, toxic, bully you are -

Regardless of you being toxic and mocking, you are right about the commenter mentioning doing 10k overall. Reaching the current required hps/overall healing is do-able whether you are using AT builds, or wanting to AFK with CF/TOM builds.

If you really like high HPS numbers in dungeons, i’ll still recommend AT build - reaching 35k-ish with a caster-buffing build is great, especially for bosses, but hittng closer to 100k hps with AT + chi-ji on big trash packs is beautiful.

2 Likes

You talk about “peace and zen” yet you don’t include the poster making allegations and insinuating bad things? Are those things defined by lies and hostility in your eyes?

I didn’t read the whole thread, skimmed it. And the peace and zen part was more just being funny. Guess it was lost on you. The only thing I really care about is encouraging playing around with different builds and not just telling ppl “this is the only proper build and if you don’t use it you are bad.” I’m not saying that you specifically do this, but a lot of ppl do and it’s sad.

Your reply was to a person who accused me of precisely what you are saying, despite me never have written that anyone should only play one build, or that they are bad if they don’t. It seems very clear who that comment was hinted at

This is what I was responding to. I didn’t read the conversation the two of you were having. What was said between the two of you had no bearing on the comment I was responding to.

1 Like

Vivify could actually use a buff.
I’m going Faeline talents + Tear of the morning for Dungeons cuz it really feels like when there’s heavy aoe dmg vivify can’t keep up with that.

Honestly, from what I’ve seen, most people here don’t point to a singular build they point towards a playstyle to build towards.

Fistweaving is enabled primarily through 7 points and how much of those a person wishes to take is pretty fluid depending on intended playstyle focus.

The people who speak out against the ranged playstyle do so from either a holistic approach for groups (since ranged has fairly bad damage output and limited large group healing) or because they want more variety in the melee approaching talents.

I didn’t necessarily mean in this particular thread. It was more prevalent in previous threads throughout Shadowlands and even to some extent in BfA.

There’s a battle between fistweaver and mistweaver and I just don’t see why we can’t have a nice blend of both. I feel like the current talent tree allows for that option. For example I’ve been theory crafting a faeline for dps build but all healing is done through buffing soothing mist, RM and EnM. Haven’t taken it into any dungeons yet but we’ll see how it goes. It’ll likely be very mana intensive bc blizz seems to think all our direct heals need to more expensive than any other healers (this is hyperbole bc I haven’t actually compared values between all the healers).

1 Like

Well Vivify is getting a 20% so I’m pretty happy with that, overall good buffs for next week

1 Like

I haven’t compared numbers either, but monk has always felt like it spends significantly more mana when going above maintenance healing, but in return has better at-maintenance healing (or healing that only drains mana slowly, instead of breaking even).

Anywho - OP, I can’t speak for much yet as I haven’t gotten too far into the expansion, but MW is feeling decent. I just hit level 70 and have been doing some dungeons and whatnot - it feels good. Imo, monk has decently designed talent trees (not up there with warrior and whatnot, but most certainly not as bad as druid got it, and I think they’re well above average).

There are multiple paths to the capstones you want and multiple sub-paths within that to customize what, exactly, you want. The skill scaling feels decent, though as I said above trying to burst heal can feel really draining at times.

The only con present, imo, is the clunky design of Faeline stomp - the area on the ground you have to work with can feel limiting and the skill effect isn’t exactly in-line with monk themes (even if the skill is still absolutely beautiful on its own). It’s particularly noticeable in AoE situations, which I imagine will be felt primarily by M+ folks, but if you’re in a lot of single target (such as bosses, unless they spawn lots of ads) then it won’t feel as bad. You can also sometimes feel at the mercy of reset RNG - there’s one boss in the red dragonflight dungeon, I think, who changes position rather quickly. Some runs, I feel great and my Faeline resets pop off at the perfect time to reposition. Others, I lag behind and it feels awkward.

However, it feels glorious on big AoE packs where cooldowns line up and I can just pump out damage that also heals everyone. Feels smooth overall, though being in melee takes getting used to.

1 Like

Also change visuals for Faeline.
I can’t stand seeing Nightfae visual effects for monks. Lots of other covenant spells had vfx updates to stay in touch with the class like Mindgames for Priest being shadowy.