How does Enhancement feel in Shadowlands?

I tried to ask this in the beta forums but it seems I don’t have posting rights there, so I’ll ask my question here.

To those that play enhancement and are in the Shadowlands beta, how does it feel now that Maelstrom is no longer our resource?

I’d probably read through this post and see what they say there

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-shaman-class-changes/490695

There are multiple classes that have intrinsic buff/debuff mechanics (I.e. brew increasing physical damage, DH chaos brand, etc) - why does Enhancement shaman need to be adding in a windfury totem GCD? It is not only mechanically “extra” and provides no appeal to gameplay, but is tedious in a way that makes shaman far less enjoyable and more of a chore. Either make it into a longer cooldown/bigger effect, or make it a natural intrinsic buff/debuff (i.e. something like “Gale Attunement” or some crafty standard party buff effect that grants 10% chance to double attack on auto-attacks - same as the totem provides).

Additionally, Why is lightning shield not still charge based or changed to a passive? This now becomes a needless 30 minute chore. Same with both windfury and flametongue weapons - they could be imbued into enhacement mastery, or just standard shaman passives as opposed to a needless buff chore for something intended to be standard shaman flavor/ability.

These 4 items in particular stand out on the Enhacement shaman as poor spec design.

1 Like