How do you play ele

How do I do damage on ele? I know keep flame shock up/press lava burst often, but what buttons do I press when I want to send burst?

I think you just wait for an ascendance proc buddy

2 Likes

Prim wave echoing shock lava burst into another lava burst into a lasso

1 Like

Sometimes you press echoing and primordial and you send out 3 lava bursts

Other times

9 Likes

You play a ton of mastery and a little bit of haste as necro.

Fire ele and flame shock dispel protection effectively increase the rate that flame shock ticks by 40%, plus the auto lava surge procs every 8 sconds from 4 set, and the high haste levels you’ll get to from unlimited power and necro unity…you’ll find that when you get 3 flame shocks out all you’ll be doing is mashing instant lava bursts over and over again.

In the interim you’re kiting wth ghost wolf, off healing, dropping stream, or reapplying flame shocks / earth shield while you wait for surge procs. Keep in mind fire ele globalling people the entire time.

Openers from ele sham usually something like flame shock primordial echo lava burst in to lasso (consuming master of ele on lasso). if you want to wait a few globals before echoing to get the third flame shock out then echo it’s fine for the primordial value.

If you get primordial resets make sure you send a lava burst before using the reset on primordial as you’re just wasting the multi lava burst from the first primordial you pressed (I see bad ele sham do this all the time).

Make sure when you echo your next global is either lava burst or earth shock. Keep in mind you can waste echo charges on frost shock / flame shock so if flame shock is coming off CD (you should be sending them on CD either on a player that doesn’t have it yet or a pet) be sure to either hold the echo until after you apply that flame shock or if you do echo, flame shock after you send either the ES or LB.

Thats pretty much it. Awareness of the defensive value of hex against teams that don’t have curse dispels, off heal when you have to, proper tremors and curse dispels, ground the right things, etc.

But you’ll find with the right stats and 4 set you literally just press flame shock on CD and you’ll be overloaded with more lava surge procs than you can press.

1 Like

This is good - Just never echo earthshock as DRE as it’s a waste especially if fire ele is out. Other than that this is right. Also spam purge on the run.

Hold Mael for pesky totems (htide) (psyfiend) or use it when your max with a MOE proc. Most time lvb global is better for more DRE procs. Don’t worry about wasting MOE procs - most time its not worth it to waste the mael as you need it when sh@T hits the fan.

Thanks all much appreciated!

Honestly if you want the dream to squeeze in 7+ lava bursts in a gcd you need to hard cast a lava burst with Primordial and Echoing up right as you’re about to get a fireheart (Tier 2 Pc) proc.

Primordial + Echo + Lvb = 3 Guaranteed

…hard cast into 2pc/Lava surge proc = 4 Guranteed

An ascendance proc with all that is 5 guaranteed.

The dream is all 5 overloading for 10 lava bursts in 2 GCDs.

But the enemy team has to completely disrespect you for all 3 to be in LoS, flame rolling, Primordial + Echo up and you’re hardcasting a 1.6s at best lvb

1 Like