How do you guys handle artifacts?

you’d be surprised how seriously people take it.

1 Like

And it’s our right to put you on /ignore.

Your right to expression is guaranteed, but not your access to an audience.

1 Like

I agree lol

for me, the weapon I used for the artifact is Titanstrike/Eaglewatch. RP wise, since this is a titan relic discovered, it would make sense that some engineers would try to replicate and mass produce it (though they would be inferior to the original)

1 Like

I use the Appearance but really ICLY I never treat my Bow like it’s the actual Artifact itself or anything.

I just like the Quiver.

1 Like

I use artifact appearances in my mogs. They’re very important for some of the aesthetics I go for on a character to character basis. However, if you were to look at my TRP, my weapon is usually spelled out as being pretty run of the mill.

For instance, on my two monks (sisters), they use two different appearances for the same weapon, Fu-Zan. But, the weapon is labeled in my TRP as just a simple monk stave. I don’t use the names of the artifacts themselves. They’re just aesthetics.

1 Like

About as far as I go is to say that I keep a Windrunner heirloom as the most appropriate way to end one.

Since I got the Reinhardt hammer skin on my hammer, I played it as an old mace that belonged to his late father that had the last bit of his light magic into it to help the good doctor heal people and smite the Legion when necessary. Didn’t wanna be lore breaky and say “Hey I have Tyr’s hammer” so decided to get creative with it instead.

1 Like

Fu Zan is just a strong piece of bamboo with a bottle and a tankard hanging off the end. Mine is just a generic staff that’s similar. It’s not the outside that matters, it’s what’s inside the bottle that matters.

3 Likes

In personal RP with friends far away from Public I have. But we really have our own thing going on.
During Public Rp it’s a way different story!

I dont do much rp since I couldn’t find groups on my server, but I wouldn’t recognize mine as a great weapon. It’s just a normal weapon that looks cool. Only my dk uses it. All of my others use a weapon that fits more online with their race over their role.

My mag’har warrior uses a 1h axe that was a normal green drop. Just the colors and design matched the gear.

My mechagnome uses the axe that looks like a wrench in 1h and the other hand uses the blowtorch.

I try to use even a mount that would be native to them. The mag’har uses a frost boar I got from wod I think.

I think some artifact weapons are easier to justify than others, or some appearances.

The default Fu Zan for instance, is just a better looking monk staff, same deal as the ones monk get in their quests, the multiple colors even help that, since i assume the actual artifact is locked in the main color. Same for the hidden appearance of being just a random mogu artifact.

Hidden appearances overall seem to not be the actual artifact, the pvp ones as well. And since Every other appearance is made in the class hall using a device or forge, it makes sense that they can make other weapons with those looks.

Some weapons are too unique for that, like xalatath or the ashbringer. Every ashbringer appearance is still the ashbringer