How do you guys find the time to dedicate to WoW?

I have one full time job, 4 pm to 1 am. It is good that you go to the gym, my job “is the gym” ( run around at a big box hardware store for eight hours, lifting lumber and/or things for customers.)

I don’t raid, or do junk with other people really.

So I don’t even play for 3-4 hours a day, most of the time, probably not even on the Weekend (often watch a few shows, then.)

I don’t find enough to do in Wow now. I just try to get my one 400, which is almost always a “repeat” now. My Hunter is up to 118 now, but I’m largely “meh” about it. The economy is worse than Legion, so we don’t feel the need to herb and mine as much since it barely sells.

I’m at 50 azerite on this character, then every emissary/thing is for ap.

It takes a short time to do the daily emissary, a 400 item warfront if up and an invasion if up and I feel like bothering.

This expansion doesn’t have the “constant pull”, of neat stuff to do, like Legion.

3-4 hours a day on week days and much more on weekends would be considered an enormous amount of time for any hobby.

Just become a streamer.

1 Like

I am home only 6 days out of every 2 weeks where I can play due to traveling for work to a remote area with no 4g connection.

The thing is, I’ve been working in this arrangement for 7 years. But it’s only since Legion that it has affected my ability to participate in the content I enjoy.

Prior to Legion I could still do raids, dungeons and arena on those 6 days on multiple characters without falling behind. Now with the AP grinds of both and the fact that it’s almost mandatory to do M+ every week for the cache and arena for the chest I basically miss out on 50% of the gear and a bunch of azerite power.

This means that I am permanently behind compared to those who I want to play with in this content. People say that the game has become more casual, and I agree in as far as difficulty. But it has certainly become far less casual with how much time you have to invest to stay relevant and competitive.

1 Like

While at home, I play in the morning with my coffee and the wife is doing her things. At night, I’ll have a glass of wine or beer and play while my wife puts the boys to bed.

At work on my overnights, I play on off time hoping the internet speed is good enough to enjoy playing on the laptop.

Now that it’s summer and the wife is visiting family and friends in Bogota with the boys, it’s game on at home.

1 Like

What laptop do you use to play WoW?

Having a decent laptop helps for breaks.

What laptop are you currently using to play WOW?

You don’t ‘dedicate’ yourself to wow with your schedule.

Although that sure is a heck of a lot hours to play each day given that.

Skip the gym and get chubby, that’s how I find time to wow :grinning:

Just time balance. What I need to get done irl obviously comes first, and free time to wow.

I work second shift from 2-10 pm. I’m mostly on late night. Daytime is out because kids.

Some people only work a few hours a day before or after work or just on weekends.

Looks to me like you dedicate your time to WoW.

At the start of BFA, I’d just come back to wow. I picked up with a raiding guild, and spent my non-raid time leveling alts and doing m+ on 7 characters. I was playing 3-4 hours on each of 6 days a week. I was one of the most active people in my guild.

I find time play during the evening time (Eastern Time Zone) mostly play from 6pm until. I know I play on a realm not synced with my time zone but I find plenty of time to do things I like to do.
I’m disabled and play this game to keep my mind busy. I have been disabled for many years and this game gives me something to enjoy. Yes I enjoy this game weird concept I know. This game has given me a world to explore,stories to read and so much more.

1 Like

3-4 hours a night is plenty for raiding which is primarily what I do. Any other time I get that isn’t with work or friends I’ll either spend just relaxing or farming stuff in WoW if there’s stuff to farm like essences or AP.

Your schedule honestly sounds pretty good for WoW in general tbh. With that schedule assuming you’d want to set aside 2-3 days for raiding you could definitely do so while keeping up with any requirements that are set by the guild, it usually only takes 30mins a day or like an hour every 3 days to complete all the AP stuff (at least when it was relevant) so should be easy.

I work at home. My children are grown, I don’t really go out that often. My previous job had a 2-3 hour commute, each way. That is 4-6 hours I can fill with other hobbies by working at home.

1 Like

What do you usually do in WoW? By farming stuff, do you mean just pretty much doing WQs?

I raid 3 days a week 3 hrs a night. On off days I’ll do m+ with guildies that ask or I’ll just grind AP through WQs whenever it’s relevant (grind is over now). In 8.2 there will be a ton to do like farming essences, farming benthic gear, farming AP and for anyone who doesn’t care about any of those there’s a bunch of collecting on mechagon to do. I don’t play too much outside of raid days though generally, I’ll log on when there’s 3 emissaries to complete and do those but that’s about it until 8.2. The stuff outside of raid takes 25-30m at most.