How do you Guardian druids tackle NECROTIC?

What exactly is Stampeding Roar then?

1 Like

I would argue that roar is better mobility than paladin or dk, but that’s more semantics than anything concrete.

And of course, we have roots, which is one of only 2 tank hard CCs, bear and paladins are the only tanks that can off-heal (of course for single person help, Safeguard is still king) we have Incap, which is nice, we can remove corruption.

Everyone has what everyone else wants.

Root and Remove Corruption both drop you to caster. We have two baseline abilities that are awesome on the surface but almost completely unusable in combat without Typhoon or Vortex (and again, one of them costs a non-baseline charge).

I think at this point we’re lightly arguing semantics while generally agreeing.

Something with a long cooldown that’s also likely to get you hit in the back. I mean yeah, it’s all we have, but still. If you want a safe opening you’re stuck with Typhoon.

2 Likes

To be fair, this matters a lot less than it used to. We’re not warriors

Are we happy or sad Savage Defense is dead? Depends on the day

1 Like

The cooldown is only 15 seconds longer than the major movement abilities that other tanks have (DH excluded) but you have to then consider their movement bonus is for themselves only while ours is for our group.

Don’t forget that in dungeons that are considered outdoors, you can actually use a combination of Typhoon, Stag, and Wild Charge to actually create some insane distance from the mobs without ever having to use Roar too; something that no other tank can do. It requires a bit of skill to do it well and maintain adequate rage when necessary, but its worked well when I’ve needed it.

1 Like

And that’s great…for leveling and mog runs. But for surviving a core high-end mechanic like Necrotic that requires bailing out safely under a heavy healing reduction on a class that has no baseline slow or stun while the rest of the party doesn’t actually need or have much use for the speed buff themselves, it’s pretty bad.

Hell, even for boss mechanics where the party has to run, it’s pretty rare that the tank does too and that everyone will be within 18 yards. Off the top of my head…Jadefire maze, for all of 30 yards to the lock gate.

It’s pretty big for Jaina.

I’m spoiled with our one feral, but even then there’s still speed totem.

You make some valid points.

Bottom line is, Guardians aren’t equipped witih baseline skills to fully combat necrotic. And I totally agree… charge needs to be baseline. It used to be a baseline talent way back in the day. I’m totally miffed by why BLizz decided that we had to choose between Ursols and Charge.

I just tackled a few necrotic dungeons these last few days. The highest I did was ML 11 and FH10. While it is do-able… it’s frustrating as hell. We just dont have the basic mechanics to tackle necrotic like Warr, Monk, Pally, DK.

I really hope Blizz addresses some of these glaring internal issues

2 Likes

No, you have the talents to handle it. So what’s the problem.

Typhoon + Vortex should let you get a reset almost anywhere as long as you don’t miss any mobs, although you may have to kite a fair ways back along your clear path. So be careful about stuff you skipped.

However, Vortex won’t necessarily be up a second time during the fight if you need a second clear.

You may also have threat problems while kiting.

1 Like

I use the Blightborne Infusion and Swirling Sands Azerite traits to help bump up my crit, which increases my Dodge. When everything procs in the same time frame, I am at well over 40% Dodge. What doesn’t hit you can’t hurt you.

This. You’d be surprised how many BfA dungeons allow us to easily take travel form throughout the area or a good portion of it. The typhoon, travel, wild charge leap, los, swiftmend or regeneratin’ combo is one of the best tank escape combos imo.

EDIT: I just checked the current BfA dungeon list. Waycrest Manor, King’s Rest, and Tol Dagor are the only dungeons (out of 10 total) that are mostly indoors. That leaves a lot of dungeons where we have a pretty easy advantage to create a lot of distance between us and our mobs and top ourselves off so the healer doesn’t have to try so hard to chase us down.