How do you feel about classic+ servers in addition to the classic ones?

Whenever someone says something like this, I hear it as, “That’s not what I want this game to be!” and they are trying to use a nonexistent Blizzard stance, extrapolated from vague, noncommittal phrases to convince me, but mostly themselves that they know what will happen. My response is always the same-- to roll my eyes and continue making suggestions.

Those of us who are not trolling understand flying is antithetical to the spirit of vanilla. Other changes are more nuanced and are valid to vote on. These changes include guild banks, the scrapped BG, the Ashbringer purification quest line, and additional gear for druids and paladins. Transmog would likely be an underwhelming change because of the limited amount of models, though there is that cool rainbow sword so I could see how people could want it.

Except those are all things blizzard has actually said no to. During interviews and what not

1 Like

Nice lie, Mat. Always good to see some troll posters are honest enough to not even pretend to discuss these issues in good faith.

Literally at blizzcon they said no to balancing among others

3 Likes

That’s kind of petty. Flagging a post as trolling can result in a forum vacation.

You absolutely should not use flagging as a dislike button, either. I’ve seen people recommending it’s usage as such, and that is not what it’s there for.

OPs subject doesn’t really seem that weird. It’s within the scope of Classic, by asking about the idea of community voting for features.

That said:

If, if, Classic does exceptionally well, I’ll be curious if they do pursue an OSRS style community voting. I’m not sure how well it would work with WoW and it’s community, but it could be done well.

One of the big takeaways from Blizzard saying “as few changes as technically possible” is that they’re recognizing what the community wanted. They didn’t come up with that idea and say “you’ll get classic but we’re doing it our way”. They were saying “we hear you and we’re making Classic, and we’re doing it your way!”

Basically I wouldn’t read those statements they’ve made as resistance to changes, but as honoring the desires of the community. If the community changes their mind, or Blizzard wanted to try something, they may well do something.

Literally top post talks about what blizzard has confirmed.
No LFD or LFR.
No balance changes.
No flying.
No achievements or transmog

Thanks for calling me a liar and a troll though

2 Likes

Bruh, they can’t even add good features to BfA with a much larger team. Why would ten dudes in the figurative dungeon be able to churn out good content?

classic servers are a new game, so why cant classic+ be a new game? just like this whole thread is for? why do you keep posting, you said you dont want it, we get that, you dont need to keep posting in the thread

Classic is a remake of vanilla. I’m saying those who want classic + should go advocate for that in general discussion instead of trying to turn classic into classic +

this thread has nothing to do with turning classic into classic+, if you look at the very first post

this thread is about having classic and classic+

at this point it looks like your only here to troll and harass people

Except you posted it in the classic forums.
You want a completely separate game. So go advocate for it.

This is not the classic + forums. It’s the classic forums.

1 Like

i dont want it, when did i say i wanted it?

you are a troll, and your just here to harass people

1 Like

Then why bother posting the idea to begin with?
I’m here to ensure classic stays classic.
And no your first post says two types of servers not two different games.

because it involves classic

classic+ <- see that right there, it says classic

which forums are these? classic forums?

looks like you have an answer

Except it’s mot. Classic + would have a whole bunch of stuff that doesn’t make it classic.

Want proof? Is old school rune scape just like original rs?

No. It’s a completely different game.

So no. Classic+ is no more classic then old school rune scape is og rune scape.

Where do you draw the one on the +? LFR, LFG, transmog, battle pets, flying, arena, multi difficulty raid, heroic dungeons, mythic dungeons, titanforging? when does the + stop?

2 Likes

Exactly. All of that stuff clearly makes it not classic. Heck it’s not even close. It’s more retail at a lower level then it’s classic.

if you read the first post, then you would know its voted on by the players, you are the one who draws the line

And tell us. How close is osrs to og rune scape?

Not even close. So to say classic + would just be classic is false.

Want to know how I know this is true? Because those who want authentic would just play the classic server.
Those after changes would play the + server.

Tell us how close Classic is to vanilla. Classic is yet to be determined. You use Classic as if it’s an existing product. It is not.

What one would call Classic+ could consist of loot trading and sharding.

This is the correct forum. Like it or not.

1 Like