How do you do "Dirty Job: Wood Work" WQ?

It says I have to pick up a dredger, but when I do, nothing happens, their names just turn blue and they just stand there, doing nothing.

try abandon it and re get it
i had the trouble with that last week

Well, it’s a world quest though, I don’t think I can.

o WQ i though it was the quest you do the first time my bad

You pick up a dredger then take them to the infested horror sap things that spawn around the quest area… you will see it update with a new objective after you grab a dredger.

When you get close mobs start spawning, kill them and eventually it will update 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 and you are done.

Unfortunately all Dev time went to balancing/rebalancing covenants actual gameplay polish was an afterthought.

2 Likes

Well, the issue is that I just can’t pick them up, the objective updated by no dredger follows me or hops on my back, so I can’t really do anything, it seems to be bugged indeed.

With a funky bassline playing, from the sound of the title.

Is that the one you have to throw them near a broken wagon?

When I did yesterday the “pick them up” bit was to just pluck them out of the muck, then it just followed me eventually like NPCs usually do (the node dredger didn’t despawn it just added a little NPC that followed me).

Thinking back, I did lose the dredger a few times and managed to complete the quest by just tagging mobs around the sap horrors other people were clearing to get credit.

Again this is a super low quality xpac riddled with these kinds of issues and lag specifically because the design and Dev effort went massively into covenants and not into gameplay that players care about.

Nono, this is one is the one where you pluck them out of the mud to get them to chop trees.

So it seems, I managed to complete it, I kinda had to spam clicking them, at one point one of them jumped on my back, so I had to stop spamming as soon as their animation started playing otherwise it canceled it, it was a pain but I am finally done.

1 Like