How do we feel about Sheilun’s Gift and Shaohao's Lesson?

I’ve moved points out of Misty Peaks so far and it’s been good. Typically I run Shaohao’s Lesson in raid and use it as a CD for when bigger healing is needed. All 4 buffs are pretty useful and while I’m sure some are stronger than others, I find it a pretty nice QOL change. But I’ve noticed none of the guides are updated yet to reflect the changes, so what is everyone else doing?

Love it. Can be used as a big cooldown around 8-10 stacks, can be used to replcae viv spam around 6 ish stacks, can be used just before revival to proc one of the lessons for more revival healing. ( the haste/fear lesson wont do much but even at 1 stack if you roll doubt, anger or despair itll be a buff to the revival you cast after )

Very versatile in raids and I was expecting the lessons to feel more annoying tbh due to rng, but it’s not so bad. It feels like it completes the spec imo. We were missing cleave nuke healing and it feels so good imo.

In m+ it’s another cooldown, which we desperately needed. Rotating it with other cooldowns or using it to buff revival/yulon is nice. When the healing isnt needed you can dump it for decent dps increases.

I also dropped misty peaks for SG/Lessons.

1 Like

Currently specced in just Sheilun’s Gift; don’t really find its 2nd branch very necessary

I healed a CoS and just used it whenever it was at 8-10 stacks and it ended up being my most healing done for the key.

Keen to test it some more this weekend.

Still not a big fan of Sheilun tbh, for a mistweaving build I feel like invokers haste is much more valuable since you can basically summon yu’lon every minute. I also don’t want to get rid of misty peaks just for sheilun.

I tried to spec into it but I forget to use it, the point isnt much worth it. Maybe if it was instant cast, would be more interesting

1 Like

I have opted out of Sheilun because it relies on too much of rng, it’s not a smart heal “3 nearby allies” can heal people who are already full health so it’s essentially a waste of an aoe heal.

I use Sheilun’s Gift and the faster cloud generation in M+ with my “caster” build and I love it. It acts as a mini cooldown and gives the much needed burst group healing for pugging.

3 Likes

How has your experience been with the rng procs?
Have u had Sheilun heal the wrong targets? i’m curious because the tooltip says heal “3 nearby allies” not heal “3 nearby injured allies”

The cast time isn’t bad with enough haste which makes it feel like channeling EF without TFT. And, the heal is pretty strong even with 5-6 stacks which is nice. I have not tried to optimize healing under each buff… Paying attention to it is a bit much when tracking party health + AT + Faeline timers + BoK stacks already.

Is Sheilun’s worth taking over Misty Peaks is an interesting discussion. MP’s heal is worth roughly a Vivify cleave, it procs often enough to be noticeable, and is completely passive. But, it’s not smart, can proc between fights, and amounts to a mild throughput increase. Sheilun’s puts a lot of healing in your control, but requires the healer to find a couple seconds to cast which isn’t always trivial during a fight… and the buffs are a nice perk. Maybe it’s a preference over the “right” choice on this one?

1 Like

I have had it heal someone who doesn’t necessarily need it while ignoring someone else but more often than not when I cast it the entire group is taking damage. So while it’s not a smart heal it rarely (in my case) heals someone who doesn’t need the healing. I also don’t always let it stack to 10, so the heal is smaller if need be to avoid overhealing.

1 Like

Not really. I usually use it when most people are injured in m+ as a nuke cleave heal/cooldown and it usually heals the people that need it. ( ex: n situations like the void adds in SMBG it wont matter who it gets healed because everyone will drop significantly from the void pulses, then follow up with instant vivify on the person who didn’t get healed, ren mist/viv spread healing usually takes care of the last person ) Unless I am waiting for a mechanic once I hit 10 stacks I might dump it for a dps buff if the group is performing mechanics well.

In Raids I find sometimes Ill pop it earlier ( @ 5-8 stacks ) when people need healing, or Ill wait till a mechanic comes and try to hold it to 10 stacks so I can time it with big mechanics ( Raz’ bomb explosions ). So haven’t had too many issues in raids either with it targeting people who need healing. Worst case scenario it’s a HUGE heal on a tank, so you can even match it with tank mechanics ( Ive seen over 200k+ heal procs on a single person from SG ) I also use it at 1 stack to buff my revivals now. 3/4 of the buffs are nice for revival so it’s worth blowing your stacks before revivals.

RNG targeting and buffs aren’t as bad as I thought they would initially be before 10.0.5. Ideally you want to use SG when you know a large aoe hit will happen, then you time it with that hit. Sure it has the potential to heal people who dont need it but if you match it and it’s stacks to the damage going out you can reduce or eliminate the potential overhealing.

Loving Sheilun’s. It’s very versatile in what it does.

1 Like

This. You said it better xD I suck at explaining things.

1 Like

I have been liking it so far. I been using the Lesson’s variant since I don’t really need the faster cloud generation. Even healing at 6-7 clouds is a big heal. It is a dumb heal though and you gotta make sure 2 people are full in order for it to heal the ones who need it most. Like i was at 90% and three other people got chunked cuz they ate a mechanic, it healed me and the other 2.

The cast time is kinda annoying though. There is still too many mechanics where standing still to cast is a pain in the rear. The only ability so far that has been disappointing is Zen Pulse. That thing is still buggy as hell. Sometimes it would heal me rather than my target because it so happens I have mobs around me while my target takes one step back and is considered “out of range”. It isn’t that impactful of a heal. However between Unison, Jade Statue, ReM, Font i got good coverage. 1 min Celestial is ready for essentially all pulls and if crap hits the fan i got Got and Revival.

Mana is still a pain in the butt tho.

I’m running about 27% haste without buffs, so with a rune and potion, my Sheilun’s cast time just less than 1.5s. It takes about as much time to throw a chi burst.

1 Like

Same-ish ( Im around 26% with rune/food ).

Sheilun’s cast time doesn’t feel bad at all in m+ once you get enough haste, in raids it’s less of an issue because of it being much more scripted. Part of me wishes we could cast SG on the move or during SooMist though.

I checked your talent build and you are running mending profileration instead of unison. Why is that?

I often found the 40% healing buff from mending useless because it’s a random proc and only lasts 5 seconds or so. Also I don’t see any situation where enveloping mist is casted often other than burst dmg scenarios when you have yu’lon up.

My play style is a bit different, I am determined to make an EnM build work. I will actually hard cast it at times skipping the soothing mist. Idk honestly, the build just feels good to me. Perhaps I need to play around with Unison more.

Yeah that would be it lol. I barely got 13-14%. I would love more. Just turned 70 two weeks ago and mostly pugging m+. I still enjoy the spell a lot.

1 Like

Chi Burst at 26 Haste is 0.79 seconds, Sheilun’s is 1.6 seconds.
Not sure that qualifies for “about as much time.”

While the 1.6s is usable, it is definitely noticeable that it is a slow base cast. Even with +25% haste from lessons, it is still a 1.3s cast.

There are definitely times where it is slower than you want it to be if you aren’t precasting it.